Scripture readings for today

(02-05-2024, 12:58 PM)Oyk Wrote:  @ Ali 

Are you able to take it? Bow out if you can't because it's going to be very embarrassing for a proud and egoistic mocker like you.   Tongue

If I feel it is beneficial, I will reply. If I deem it as mocking, I will ignore it. Will you allow me those rights?

(02-05-2024, 12:39 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  The crux is not whether they are frightened...
Did Gabriel reveal himself? And yes..in Daniel's visions according to the Bible!
Never in the quran did gabriel identify himself....
So there is no double standards if you compare Bible and the quran...

Wah! Goal post shifted. Before, you made that a point to reject the claim of Prophet Muhammad. Now, it's not crucial anymore. Okay. Big Grin

Now, let's take the case of Mary when she was visited by Gabriel. Did Gabriel identify himself?

(02-05-2024, 12:52 PM)Oyk Wrote:  He was a prophet of Allah. But as you know, Allah isn't I AM of the Bible. I don't know who Allah is but the one you worship is quite different from the One in the Bible. It's proven in the video...  Big Grin

There is only 1 God. We call him Allah or arRahman, or alHayy, or any of the 99 names which God reveals to us in the Quran. 

The New Testament refers to Allah as the Father, which is a title and not a name but referring to the same One God. I don't know why the New Testament does not tell us the name of the Father, or the Holy Spirit, only the Son.

(02-05-2024, 01:02 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Yes, it is a denial. I know you don't know while I know what I know.

The esteemed caliph Uthman did not introduce anything into the Quran and I am speaking from knowledge. The Quran was mass-transmitted and it still is today. If anybody introduces anything to the Quran, others will immediately know.

According to the beedio from oyk...the quran was orally transmitted 300yrs after the death of muh... Big Grin ...are we missing anything? The truths are long diluted....f rom the death of Jesus...it took 60yrs for the compilation mark,Mathew,John,luke...

(02-05-2024, 01:21 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  According to the beedio from oyk...the quran was orally transmitted 300yrs after the death of muh... Big Grin ...are we missing anything? The truths are long diluted....f rom the death of Jesus...it took 60yrs for the compilation mark,Mathew,John,luke...

If that is what the video tells you, that we can confirm that the video is spreading lies about the Quran.

(02-05-2024, 01:10 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Wah! Goal post shifted. Before, you made that a point to reject the claim of Prophet Muhammad. Now, it's not crucial anymore. Okay. Big Grin

Now, let's take the case of Mary when she was visited by Gabriel. Did Gabriel identify himself?

On the contrary...when Mary saw Gabriel..she did not run! Big Grin

Mary herself was the eyewitness (Luke 1:26–28). And, in a certain sense, Joseph was as well, because the angel had spoken to him separately (See Matthew 1:20)

Need to identify what....

(02-05-2024, 01:23 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  If that is what the video tells you, that we can confirm that the video is spreading lies about the Quran.

You cannot call it lies if you don know the truth Big Grin

(02-05-2024, 01:40 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  You cannot call it lies if you don know the truth Big Grin

Yes I do know and that is why I say they are lying if they said what you reported.

(02-05-2024, 01:34 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  On the contrary...when Mary saw Gabriel..she did not run! Big Grin

Mary herself was the eyewitness (Luke 1:26–28). And, in a certain sense, Joseph was as well, because the angel had spoken to him separately (See Matthew 1:20)

First, you cited the fear as a reason to reject the claim of Prophet Muhammad. That one settled.

Then you cited the identify part as the 2nd reason for rejecting the claim of Prophet Muhammad. Now you can see that the angel Gabriel also didn't identify himself to Mary when he visited her.

There is the narrow gate, a seemingly difficult path to take. Obedient to the law will seem a difficult task and it is difficult initially. Ask the people who fasted for the first time. Going to the temple at regular times is also a difficult task especially in the modern world where we are busy looking for material wealth.

Then, there is the wide gate, an easy path to take. Just believe, don't think too much, and that's it.
[+] 1 user Likes Ali Imran's post

(02-05-2024, 02:07 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  There is the narrow gate, a seemingly difficult path to take. Obedient to the law will seem a difficult task and it is difficult initially. Ask the people who fasted for the first time. Going to the temple at regular times is also a difficult task especially in the modern world where we are busy looking for material wealth.

Then, there is the wide gate, an easy path to take. Just believe, don't think too much, and that's it.

Jesus mentioned about the narrow gate and wide gate lah, Ali my friend! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

Sarah was barren so she gave Abraham her maid Haggar lah! Big Grin Then Haggar got pregnant with Ishmael and Sarah was jealous lah! So when Sarah was pregnant with Isaac, she chased Haggar and Ishmael away lah! So they ended up in Palestine lah!

(02-05-2024, 01:57 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  First, you cited the fear as a reason to reject the claim of Prophet Muhammad. That one settled.

Then you cited the identify part as the 2nd reason for rejecting the claim of Prophet Muhammad. Now you can see that the angel Gabriel also didn't identify himself to Mary when he visited her.

You are lying...I said Gabriel identified himself to Daniel but not to muh because there is no evidence in the quran to suggest so.....your quran is not clear on that! :p

Gabriel spoke to Mary bringing the good news....before that he spoke to the husband

Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary your wife into your home,” the angel said. “For it is through the Holy Spirit that this child has been conceived in her. She will bear a son and you are to name him Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”

You gila lah....it is not as if Gabriel appear suddenly catch them off guard....they already knew Gabriel! Mary would have knew Gabriel from her husband!

If a doctor tells you Ali that your wife is sexpecting twins...you will call and tell her the good news tiok boh....one day the doc shows up at your house assuring your wife that the twins are healthy.....does he still need to identify himself?  Big Grin

(02-05-2024, 02:21 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Sarah was barren so she gave Abraham her maid Haggar lah! Big Grin Then Haggar got pregnant with Ishmael and Sarah was jealous lah! So when Sarah was pregnant with Isaac, she chased Haggar and Ishmael away lah! So they ended up in Palestine lah!

Hagar cast outAt a celebration after Isaac was weaned, Sarah found the teenage Ishmael mocking her son (Genesis 21:9). She was so upset by the idea of Ishmael inheriting their wealth, that she demanded that Abraham send Hagar and her son away. She declared that Ishmael would not share in Isaac's inheritance.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(01-05-2024, 11:46 PM)Oyk Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqSLx7Z4r9s

I watched this.  Can Ali tell me which part of the video is untrue?

Bro Ali, dis speaker makes a beri compelling case against the originality/authenticity of your Koran which all Muslims have been indoctrinated to believe is flawless.

You really should watch it and have a rethink of what you believe is true.
[+] 1 user Likes luncheonmeat's post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Smith_...apologist)
He is beri knowledgeable and highly accredited, even Muslim scholar oso approve .

(02-05-2024, 02:15 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Jesus mentioned about the narrow gate and wide gate lah, Ali my friend! Big Grin

Yes of course. That's why I wrote that.

(02-05-2024, 02:26 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  You are lying...I said Gabriel identified himself to Daniel but not to muh because there is no evidence in the quran to suggest so.....your quran is not clear on that! :p

Gabriel spoke to Mary bringing the good news....before that he spoke to the husband

Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary your wife into your home,” the angel said. “For it is through the Holy Spirit that this child has been conceived in her. She will bear a son and you are to name him Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”

You gila lah....it is not as if Gabriel appear suddenly catch them off guard....they already knew Gabriel! Mary would have knew Gabriel from her husband!

Did the angel identify himself to Mary? No. You want to bring in Joseph's dream. Did the angel that appeared in Joseph dream in the book Matthew identify himself?

Did the angel identify himself to Daniel in chapter 10? No.

(02-05-2024, 02:21 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Sarah was barren so she gave Abraham her maid Haggar lah! Big Grin Then Haggar got pregnant with Ishmael and Sarah was jealous lah! So when Sarah was pregnant with Isaac, she chased Haggar and Ishmael away lah! So they ended up in Palestine lah!

They ended up in a valley where suddenly a miraculous well appeared. 

The miraculous well is still there today, still giving water to millions and millions of pilgrims each year.

But I don't fully believe the OT's narrative of Prophet Abraham, his two wives and two sons namely Isaac and Ishmael. The OT painted them in a bad light.

Peace be upon all the prophets mentioned today.

(02-05-2024, 03:48 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Did the angel identify himself to Mary? No. You want to bring in Joseph's dream. Did the angel that appeared in Joseph dream in the book Matthew identify himself?

Did the angel identify himself to Daniel in chapter 10? No.

It was not Gabriel that delivered the quran to muh....show me that the quran says so!

(02-05-2024, 04:06 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  It was not Gabriel that delivered the quran to muh....show me that the quran says so!

The Quran confirms that it was Gabriel who delivered the revelation (Quran) to the prophet.

2:97

Sahih Bukhari Volume 2, Book 21, Number 245: Narrated Abdullah : A person was mentioned before the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) and he was told that he had kept on sleeping till morning and had not got up for the prayer. The Prophet said, Satan urinated in his ears.

Really?

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 65, Number 366: Narrated Ibn Abbas: The Prophet said, When you eat, do not wipe your hands till you have licked it, or had it licked by somebody else.

Finger licking good...kfc got its slogan from sahih bukhari?

(02-05-2024, 04:12 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  The Quran confirms that it was Gabriel who delivered the revelation (Quran) to the prophet.

2:97

Right!

But Gabriel did not identify himself to muh..so it was not him who visited muh!
I stand by that  Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pinkpanther's post

(02-05-2024, 03:15 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  Bro Ali, dis speaker makes a beri compelling case against the originality/authenticity of your Koran which all Muslims have been indoctrinated to believe is flawless.

You really should watch it and have a rethink of what you believe is true.

Jay Smith is not a Quranic scholar. He is not even a scholar. He got his PhD through an easy path.

He was caught lying to people when he said he was an ex-Muslim.

He is not to be trusted.

(02-05-2024, 05:07 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Right!

But Gabriel did not identify himself to muh..so it was not him who visited muh!
I stand by that  Big Grin

Yes Gabriel did, on his 2nd visit.

So, your two points for rejecting the claim of Prophet Muhammad will expose your double standard because we have similar events in the Bible. I don't think you are going to stand by them anymore but if you're intellectually stubborn, I won't rebut you on that 2 points anymore. 

Do you have any more points?

(02-05-2024, 06:04 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Yes Gabriel did, on his 2nd visit.

So, your two points for rejecting the claim of Prophet Muhammad will expose your double standard because we have similar events in the Bible. I don't think you are going to stand by them anymore but if you're intellectually stubborn, I won't rebut you on that 2 points anymore. 

No..I stand by my beliefs does not mean that I'm intellectually stubborn! Big Grin

(02-05-2024, 05:59 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Jay Smith is not a Quranic scholar. He is not even a scholar. He got his PhD through an easy path.

He was caught lying to people when he said he was an ex-Muslim.

He is not to be trusted.

So you can be trusted?  Big Grin you could care less when I brought up sahih bukhari! Is sahih not trustworthy?

(02-05-2024, 06:04 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Yes Gabriel did, on his 2nd visit.

Gabriel did reveal himself to muh in the hadith! So let's trust the hadith then! Can you agree? Big Grin

(02-05-2024, 06:08 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  No..I stand by my beliefs does not mean that I'm intellectually stubborn! Big Grin

Your belief (only 1) that it wasn't Gabriel who acted as the messenger for the final revelation from God doesn't have any substance. No arguments I can counter, or any proof I can scrutinize. It's just you saying "I don't want to believe." 

If you ask me why I don't believe this verse or that verse of the Bible, I will always give you the reasons, backed by Christian scholars. 

If you ask me why I don't believe Paul was an apostle sent by Jesus, I can give you plenty of reasons, backed by Christian scholars again.