Scripture readings for today

(02-05-2024, 03:52 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  They ended up in a valley where suddenly a miraculous well appeared. 

The miraculous well is still there today, still giving water to millions and millions of pilgrims each year.

But I don't fully believe the OT's narrative of Prophet Abraham, his two wives and two sons namely Isaac and Ishmael. The OT painted them in a bad light.

Peace be upon all the prophets mentioned today.

According to the Bible one of them was the maid, not wife. Ishmael is her son.

The other one, Isaac, is Sarah's son 
She is Abraham's wife. Isaac is the one Abraham was about to sacrifice...

Please don't drag Abraham into this accusing him of bigamy to justify your Muh marrying so many women including a six year old child. I told you before and I am telling you again, GE is coming and if Faisal Manap who is 51 holds hands with a six year old child and tells me that's his wife, I will slam the door at his face.  Rolleyes

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(02-05-2024, 06:34 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  No, I didn't watch it.

PP said so.

I guessed as much. You don't have the balls to face the truth  Rolleyes

”I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist. Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work.“
‭‭2 John‬ ‭1‬:‭7‬-‭11‬ ‭NIV

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

”Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”“
‭‭John‬ ‭6‬:‭35‬-‭40‬ ‭NIV

☝️

(02-05-2024, 08:58 PM)Oyk Wrote:  According to the Bible one of them was the maid, not wife. 

That is inaccurate. 

Yes, Hagar was a maid but she became Abraham's wife, as clearly stated in Gen 16.

(02-05-2024, 08:58 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Isaac is the one Abraham was about to sacrifice...

This is one where it baffles scholars. In the Bible we read of God's command to Abraham to sacrifice his only son Isaac. But Isaac was never an only son. How do you reconcile that?

(02-05-2024, 07:15 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Though you made mistakes...it doesn't make you untrustworthy ...tiok boh
So the same standard should apply to Jay smith tiok boh! Big Grin

A lie and a mistake are not the same. One is intentional deceit. You need to determine for yourself whether he intentionally lied or made a mistake. I'm sure you're gonna go with the latter. Okay fine. But now you know he made at least one mistake. What other mistakes did he make?

(02-05-2024, 06:59 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  The truth is Muslims get rowdy after drinking and start killing each other..

Please show me where you got that info.

Why do you say things you don't know? Where is your integrity?

”The angel of the Lord also said to her: “You are now pregnant and you will give birth to a son. You shall name him Ishmael, for the Lord has heard of your misery. He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers.”“
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭16‬:‭11‬-‭12‬ ‭NIV

☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(03-05-2024, 09:32 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  ”The angel of the Lord also said to her: “You are now pregnant and you will give birth to a son. You shall name him Ishmael, for the Lord has heard of your misery. He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers.”“
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭16‬:‭11‬-‭12‬ ‭NIV

Is that talking about Ishmael alone?

(03-05-2024, 09:17 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  A lie and a mistake are not the same. One is intentional deceit. You need to determine for yourself whether he intentionally lied or made a mistake. I'm sure you're gonna go with the latter. Okay fine. But now you know he made at least one mistake. What other mistakes did he make?

You are generalising "mistake" ....a lie falls under mistake, 
Is your mistake honest or intentional ? We don know but we give you the benefit of doubt..we don call you a liar in most of our posts!

(03-05-2024, 09:19 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Please show me where you got that info.

Why do you say things you don't know? Where is your integrity?

Sa'ib ibn abi waqqas, Medina, Ansar Muslim and Muhaijirin! bbq gathering ended in them killing each other after consuming too much wine! 

No..Ali..if you don know, don say I am lying or where is my integrity!
I am here to teach you! Big Grin

(03-05-2024, 09:53 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  You are generalising "mistake" ....a lie falls under mistake, 
Is your mistake  honest or intentional ? We don know but we give you the benefit of doubt..we don call you a liar in most of our posts!

I have been called a liar many times already. But I don't lie. 

Ok. I'm not interested in Jay Smith. Let's move on.

I can go into any mosque in any city today and pick up a mushaf (Quran in book form) and it will be the exact one I have at home. There are exceptions, like in some African cities, the Quran will be of a different Qiraat but still the same Quran. I'm telling you that because it proves there is only 1 Quran. 

Qiraat is for advanced discussion so we will leave it for later.

(03-05-2024, 09:13 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  This is one where it baffles scholars. In the Bible we read of God's command to Abraham to sacrifice his only son Isaac. But Isaac was never an only son. How do you reconcile that?

Then He said, “Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.” (Genesis 22:2)

Yes, Isaac was his only son by Sarah , his only official wife whom he loved dearly. No mistake. Ishmael was born from Hagar, Sarah's personal maid that she arranged to have a child with Abraham. In today's monogamous society, we would call such women 'surrogates'. True Abraham married Hagar to legitimise Ishmael, but Ishmael was still the son of his concubine.
Isaac was the son God had promised to Abraham. Ishmael was not. [ie God anoints Isaac as Abraham's direct line]
[+] 1 user Likes luncheonmeat's post

(03-05-2024, 09:59 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Sa'ib ibn abi waqqas, Medina, Ansar Muslim and Muhaijirin!  bbq gathering ended in them killing each other after consuming too much wine! 

No..Ali..if you don know, don say I am lying or where is my integrity!
I am here to teach you! Big Grin

Where did you get that info?

(03-05-2024, 09:13 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  This is one where it baffles scholars. In the Bible we read of God's command to Abraham to sacrifice his only son Isaac. But Isaac was never an only son. How do you reconcile that?

Isaac was the promised son of Abraham, not Ishmael lah, Ali! Big Grin God commanded Abraham to sacrifice Isaac to test his faith lah!
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

(03-05-2024, 10:13 AM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  Then He said, “Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.” (Genesis 22:2)

Yes, Isaac was his only son by Sarah , his only official wife whom he loved dearly. No mistake. Ishmael was born from Hagar, Sarah's personal maid that she arranged to have a child with Abraham. In today's monogamous society, we would call such women surrogates. True Abraham married Hagar to legitimise Ishmael, but Ishmael was still the son of his concubine.
Isaac was the son God promised to Abraham. Ishmael was not. [ie God anoints Isaac as Abraham's direct line]

You're right lah, bro! Big Grin

(03-05-2024, 10:13 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Where did you get that info?

You go and find out! I am not your performing seal! Big Grin
Why did muh ban wine? Pls explain!

(03-05-2024, 09:10 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  That is inaccurate. 

Yes, Hagar was a maid but she became Abraham's wife, as clearly stated in Gen 16.

Show me.

(03-05-2024, 10:13 AM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  Then He said, “Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.” (Genesis 22:2)

Yes, Isaac was his only son by Sarah , his only official wife whom he loved dearly. No mistake. Hagar was Sarah's personal maid that she arranged to have a child with Abraham. In today's monogamous society, we would call such women surrogates. True Abraham married Hagar to legitimise Ishmael, but Ishmael was still the son of his concubine.
Isaac was the son God promised to Abraham. Ishmael was not. [ie God anoints Isaac as Abraham's direct line]

Yes, Isaac was Sarah's only son but the verse addressed Prophet Abraham, and when it says ONLY son Isaac, it raises a paradox that can only be explained with eisegesis.

(03-05-2024, 10:21 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Show me.

Gen 16 verse 3. It clearly says Sarah gave Hagar to Prophet Abraham to be his wife.

(03-05-2024, 10:19 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  You go and find out! I am not your performing seal! Big Grin
Why did muh ban wine? Pls explain!

LOL

I know why you don't want to give me your source. 

Is it your culture to be disrespectful?

(03-05-2024, 10:12 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  I have been called a liar many times already. But I don't lie. 

Ok. I'm not interested in Jay Smith. Let's move on.

I can go into any mosque in any city today and pick up a mushaf (Quran in book form) and it will be the exact one I have at home. There are exceptions, like in some African cities, the Quran will be of a different Qiraat but still the same Quran. I'm telling you that because it proves there is only 1 Quran. 

Qiraat is for advanced discussion so we will leave it for later.

Yes, there is only one Quran in this world now.

The other Qurans had been quietly destroyed.  There were so many versions of it, and it was not like translating the same Bible from old English to today's English. Those who wrote the various Qurans wrote different things, obviously, for why else was there a need to hide and destroy? Christians do not destroy the Dead Sea Scrolls and come up with another huh!

So yup! After the other Qurans were destroyed, there is only one Quran left nao, and even this one has lots of grammatical errors according to scholars who can read Arabic.

Unfortunately, they forgot to burn and destroy the Hadith, and we can see you blushing there whenever PP asked you a question about the hadith.  If those hadiths still don't make you rethinkif you are following the right god, then you are lost lorh!

Jay Smith?  You are scared to hear the truth?  You need to do a character assassination by lying about him, and write (above) that you don't lie?  That kind of antic is from Satan.  Lie, but deny.  Lie about someone, but claim that you are not a liar.  Tsk Tsk.

[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(03-05-2024, 10:22 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Yes, Isaac was Sarah's only son but the verse addressed Prophet Abraham, and when it says ONLY son Isaac, it raises a paradox that can only be explained with eisegesis.

See...We don call you a liar for spreading lies ok! We accept it was a genuine mistake!

(03-05-2024, 10:15 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Isaac was the promised son of Abraham, not Ishmael lah, Ali! Big Grin God commanded Abraham to sacrifice Isaac to test his faith lah!

1. Imagine you're over 90 years old with no children and you have been yearning for a son for the longest time. Then suddenly you got a son. Imagine the utter happiness. Then God asks you to sacrifice that son. 

2. Imagine the same waiting for a child. Then suddenly you got a son. Utter happiness. Then you got another son. Yes happy but not like the first one. Then God asks you to sacrifice the 2nd son.

Which scenario is the tougher and more unbearable test? Scenario 1 because at that time, you only have 1 son whom you have been waiting for so long.
[+] 1 user Likes Ali Imran's post

(03-05-2024, 10:22 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Yes, Isaac was Sarah's only son but the verse addressed Prophet Abraham, and when it says ONLY son Isaac, it raises a paradox that can only be explained with eisegesis.

Abraham was NOT a prophet lah, Ali! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

(03-05-2024, 10:30 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  See...We don call you a liar for spreading lies ok! We accept it was a genuine mistake!

I stand by what I've said. It's not a mistake.

(03-05-2024, 10:33 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Abraham was NOT a prophet lah, Ali! Big Grin

I believe he was a prophet.

(03-05-2024, 10:34 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  I believe he was a prophet.

OK lah, you believe! Big Grin

(03-05-2024, 10:30 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Yes, there is only one Quran in this world now.

The other Qurans had been quietly destroyed.  There were so many versions of it, and it was not like translating the same Bible from old English to today's English.

After the other Qurans were destroyed, there is only one Quran left nao, and even this one has lots of grammatical errors according to scholars who can read Arabic.

Unfortunately, they forgot to burn and destroy the Hadith, and we can see you blushing there whenever PP asked you a question about the hadith.  If those hadiths still don't make you rethinkif you are following the right god, then you are lost lorh!

Jay Smith?  You are scared to hear the truth?  You need to do a character assassination by lying about him, and write (above) that you don't lie?  That kind of antic is from Satan.  Lie, but deny.  Lie about someone, but claim that you are not a liar.  Tsk Tsk.

The quran already put muh in a bad light!! The endless wars, looting, the wine, perfumes, young Aisha and the countless wives.....it's just my opinion!....then comes the hadith...it actually worsen the whole situation...you believe in bed time stories Ali?