Scripture readings for today

(05-05-2024, 01:44 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  I don't have an equation for any of that.

But yes, good deeds redeem some sins.
Self righteousness is a filthy rag

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(05-05-2024, 01:22 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Ownself praise ownself sure don’t want to admit u r angry sometimes 
Maybe u kick your cat who knows ..

Good that you admit you don't know, which is true that you don't know.

But I will still say I don't get angry here. I've been doing this for quite a while already.

(05-05-2024, 01:46 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Self righteousness is a filthy rag

Please tell me how is that self-righteousness?

(05-05-2024, 01:48 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Please tell me how is that self-righteousness?

If u do good deeds just to praise yourself not willingly

☝️

(05-05-2024, 01:49 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  If u do good deeds just to praise yourself not willingly

If I do good deeds in the hope that God forgives my sin, is that okay?

(05-05-2024, 01:47 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Good that you admit you don't know, which is true that you don't know.

But I will still say I don't get angry here. I've been doing this for quite a while already.

How come ?u have high blood cannot angry?

☝️

(05-05-2024, 01:51 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  If I do good deeds in the hope that God forgives my sin, is that okay?

U have to say sorry n repent 
Good deeds are for others to praise u 
If u do good deeds u cannot blow trumpet n let everybody knows

☝️

(05-05-2024, 01:51 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  How come ?u have high blood cannot angry?

Because I have developed callous after doing this for quite a while.

(05-05-2024, 01:54 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  U have to say sorry n repent 
Good deeds are for others to praise u 
If u do good deeds u cannot blow trumpet n let everybody knows

If I do good deeds in the hope that others praise me, I don't do it in the hope that God forgives my sin. 

I must be clear to myself what is my intention, isn't it?

(05-05-2024, 12:42 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  If so then Islamism admits Jesus died on the cross as that was the Will of God. 
Which is more miraculous, God resurrecting His Only Son on the third day from the dead, or doing a switcheroo at the last moment so that an unknown sacrifices his life for Christ. 
Were all Jesus' super disciples so dim they were unable to recognise him from the imposter?
What's more they proved even more courageous than their master in following the way of the cross ie They were all martyred. What type of teacher is this who does not practise what he preaches. 
Why does Isa in the Koran seem no different to the cult leaders of today, the type who leads his followers to death but escapes the fate himself.

There are countless illogical things that dun add up in the Koran yet you are nitpicking and trying to quantify the profound mystery of God as the Holy Triune.  Huh

Islam categorically denies Jesus was killed on the cross, as written in the Quran.

The Quran did not say there was a switch, or switcheroo as you want to call it. 

According to the Gospels, all the disciples fled so they didn't see the alleged crucifixion.

Throughout history and across many religions, people have died for their faith. People dying for their faith doesn't make that faith true.

When you say God is a Trinity, it raises many unanswered questions, many of which I've brought up here. Even a child will raise questions that an adult Christian cannot answer, as demonstrated in this short video of a child asking a simple question. Just watch the first 30 seconds of that video. 

(05-05-2024, 01:38 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Yes, I agree that we only pray to Allah. But in our prayer, we can pray FOR our parents or even the people in Gaza. Why not our prophet too?

Prayer is Ibadah, prayer is worship!

the salah the prayer is to worship ibadah....in your prayer you talk to Allah, that's your worship but then you talk to muh in your prayer which is supposed to be worship... but you don realised it that you are actually speaking to your prophet when you speak to him in your prayer because prayer is worship...so why are you worshipping your Prophet in prayer?

(05-05-2024, 02:15 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Prayer is Ibadah, prayer is worship!

the salah the prayer is to worship ibadah....in your prayer you talk to Allah, that's your worship but then you talk to muh in your prayer which is supposed to be worship... but you don realised it that you are actually speaking to your prophet when you speak to him in your prayer because prayer is worship...so why are you worshipping your Prophet in prayer?

The salaam is made twice, once to the prophet and once to the righteous servants of Allah. Does that mean we are also worshipping all the righteous servants of Allah?

(05-05-2024, 01:04 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  I'd like to change that word to advising. Feel free to disagree of course. We all are entitled to our opinions.

I don't have to watch that video to refute it. I can easily gather from you what the video is saying and to refute that, I must give you a etymology of the name Allah. Let me just put it in two short sentences and I hope it is enough for you to see where I will go if I want to refute that point.

Allah is used to refer to the one God by the Semite people long before our prophet was born. Even today, Allah is used by all Arab Christians to refer to the one God.

Who here thinks that you are advising? Big Grin Let them put up their hands or we can put you to a vote! Big Grin

Those who disagreed with you, you started to give them options like how you gave me 3 Big Grin...then you start to say we are lying and spreading falsehoods when we are only here to exchange opinions....opinion does not need to be a fact or the truth...you know it when we are giving you genuine opinions when we back up with quotes and videos!!

(05-05-2024, 02:24 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  The salaam is made twice, once to the prophet and once to the righteous servants of Allah. Does that mean we are also worshipping all the righteous servants of Allah?

The Prophet is dead...why are you worshipping idols! *long sigh*
Focus your prayer solely to your one god and the rest are pretty much redundant!!
Pls give him the respect that he deserved.

Even in death, muh wants you to keep him in your prayers! * long sigh*
He taught the prayers isn't it?

(05-05-2024, 02:36 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  The Prophet is dead...why are you worshipping idols! *long sigh*
Focus your prayer solely to your one god and the rest are pretty much redundant!!
Pls give him the respect that he deserved.

Even in death, muh wants you to keep him in your prayers! * long sigh*
He taught the prayers isn't it?

Now you want to teach me how to pray?

(05-05-2024, 02:00 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  If I do good deeds in the hope that others praise me, I don't do it in the hope that God forgives my sin. 

I must be clear to myself what is my intention, isn't it?
If good deeds can get u to heaven,nobody cares about worshipping God.

☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(05-05-2024, 02:38 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Now you want to teach me how to pray?

No. I am sure you are matured and smart enough to differentiate a prayer to Allah and idol worship! Big Grin

(05-05-2024, 01:05 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  I've never lost my temper here in SgTalk. I can't remember when was the last time I lost my temper anywhere.

You have never lost your temper.
You have never mocked.
You have never eaten pork satay.
You have never masturbated.

Only one of the above is true.  Rolleyes

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(05-05-2024, 02:56 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  No. I am sure you are matured and smart enough to differentiate a prayer to Allah and idol worship! Big Grin

Yes I am able to differentiate.

(05-05-2024, 02:58 PM)Oyk Wrote:  You have never lost your temper.
You have never mocked.
You have never eaten pork satay.
You have never masturbated.

Only one of the above is true.  Rolleyes

Tell you what.

If I lose my temper, I will make it known. How's that?

I'd be sad if I lost my temper at this age.

(05-05-2024, 02:44 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  If good deeds can get u to heaven,nobody cares about worshipping God.

No, good deeds cannot get me into paradise.

(05-05-2024, 03:02 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  No, good deeds cannot get me into paradise.

Jesus holds the key to heaven n hell
Without his key u can’t enter the door to heaven 
All day long u mock Him n don’t wish to accept Him as Lord to save your soul
The door can’t be opened even u cry hey I did good deeds

☝️

(05-05-2024, 03:02 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  No, good deeds cannot get me into paradise.

Repent and believe in the name of Jesus, and you and your family will be saved lah! Big Grin

(05-05-2024, 03:07 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Jesus holds the key to heaven n hell
Without his key u can’t enter the door to heaven 
All day long u mock Him n don’t wish to accept Him as Lord to save your soul
The door can’t be opened even u cry hey I did good deeds

Jesus didn't say that without his key I cannot enter heaven.

(05-05-2024, 02:58 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Yes I am able to differentiate.

Good..,before I end it here..just one more

For example
If I am praying to Allah and say O peace be upon you Ali and the mercy of Allah be upon you...am I violating the prayer by mentioning Ali and speaking to him directly even though he's not there?

(05-05-2024, 03:14 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Repent and believe in the name of Jesus, and you and your family will be saved lah! Big Grin

You want me to take the wide gate?
[+] 1 user Likes Ali Imran's post

(05-05-2024, 03:17 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  You want me to take the wide gate?

You have the right to decide for yourself lah, Ali! Big Grin I can't decide for you lah!

(05-05-2024, 02:15 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Islam categorically denies Jesus was killed on the cross, as written in the Quran.

The Quran did not say there was a switch, or switcheroo as you want to call it. 

According to the Gospels, all the disciples fled so they didn't see the alleged crucifixion.

Throughout history and across many religions, people have died for their faith. People dying for their faith doesn't make that faith true.

When you say God is a Trinity, it raises many unanswered questions, many of which I've brought up here. Even a child will raise questions that an adult Christian cannot answer, as demonstrated in this short video of a child asking a simple question. Just watch the first 30 seconds of that video. 

We've been through this before. Try actually reading the gospels yourself.  While the disciples fled when the Jewish cohort came to arrest Jesus, Peter secretly followed Jesus to the high priest' house to learn what was happening to him. He left in sorrow after realising that he had denied Christ as Jesus had prophesied.
We are not told what happened to the all the apostles during this time. According to the gospel, the women followers and carers of Jesus were present at his crucifixion. His mother, Mary, and his disciple John, were also there at Golgotha. Joseph of Arimethea and Nicodemus, his secret followers were the ones who buried him. Yet by Koranic accounts, an imposter took his place and all those closest to him couldn't tell the difference. Jesus, the Son of God, allowed an unworthy sinner to suffer and die in his place because Jesus himself was afraid. He led all his disciples to die, out of faith, when he himself lacked the conviction....  Eye-rolling

And you claim to be able to think critically, independent of what the Koran kool aid tells you....
[+] 1 user Likes luncheonmeat's post

(05-05-2024, 03:16 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Jesus didn't say that without his key I cannot enter heaven.

Jesus said u have to reborn again of water and spirit to enter the kingdom of God

☝️
[+] 2 users Like Lukongsimi's post

(05-05-2024, 01:04 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  I'd like to change that word to advising. Feel free to disagree of course. We all are entitled to our opinions.

I don't have to watch that video to refute it. I can easily gather from you what the video is saying and to refute that, I must give you a etymology of the name Allah. Let me just put it in two short sentences and I hope it is enough for you to see where I will go if I want to refute that point.

Allah is used to refer to the one God by the Semite people long before our prophet was born. Even today, Allah is used by all Arab Christians to refer to the one God.

Like oyk says..you have been doing this for the past 20 yrs and I assume none out there has converted to Muslim.....tiok boh?

Am I right to say you are a gift from God against Islam!  Big Grin
Because talking to you bring us further away from Islam...
So you better start worrying about that salvation because it is getting further and further!