Poll: Ban Oyk for breaching Religious Harmony Act - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
85.00%
85.00%
No
15.00%
15.00%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Closed

Should Oyk be banned for posting blasphemous remarks against religion?

还是改称华人比较适合吧。虽然汉人唐人也没错。

新加坡华人,还是新加坡汉人?

(25-10-2023, 11:55 AM)Dan Wrote:  I accidentally limit the poll to 10 which I unticked. Simple problem solved.
Now it's clear you have 11 enemies in this forum.

an irritating smartass as usual 
when actually it was just a basic human error

[Image: S8bRF.gif]

[Image: S8bRU.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes KILLjoy's post

(25-10-2023, 08:31 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  还是改称华人比较适合吧。虽然汉人唐人也没错。

新加坡华人,还是新加坡汉人?

Han Singapore Chinese🤭

(25-10-2023, 09:23 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Gautama was a prince who was probably a thinker, who left his wife to seek the meaning of life.  He had all that his father could throw at him, that his wealth could buy but still he was not happy.  All the material wealth, the good food, fine clothes, beautiful dancers and the best of the best court musicians did not give him what he wanted.

As Christians, we all know this too well, that Man does not live by bread alone but by every word which proceedeth from the mouth of God.   However successful we are at studying, in career or business, in raising chewren, we know that there is a spiritual void, and when we receive the Lord Jesus and let Him come into our life, everything about and in this world begins to make sense.  You need to deal with your EGO and PRIDE, get on your knees if you must, and ask the Lord to open your eyes to let you see and not just see but understand, and not just understand, but then take that first step to do, which is to confess and repent, and receive Christ into your life.

Gautama was not God or god and he never once said he was.  Some peepur may say he will never be reborn again because he has reached nirvana, and that is arguable.  I will not argue with you on that except to state that he was and is not God.  And no Buddhist would challenge me if I say that he was a man all through his life, and did all that a man would do including eating, bathing, putting on clothes, getting married and becoming a father.  I would also agree with you if you counter, but then!  but then!  Jesus did the same, except that He did not marry.  He ate, He slept, He wore clothes, He had to depend on two legs to walk about, He was a man!  You are damn right.  Jesus was God in the flesh. 

He came to his own, into this world, but the world knew Him not.

If you wish to know why God took the form of a man, I would be glad to explain.  Let me know.

The Bible says that Jesus died for the SIN of the world so that all mankind could be saved.  Jesus was not the first man God raised from the dead.  It was Lazarus.  God raised Lazarus from the dead to show the peepur that He had power over Death yet they crucified Jesus.  They were blinded just like you.

But there is a difference and a big one.

Lazarus was raised from the dead in SIN, and eventually died again.  Jesus was raised from the dead SINLESS AND WILL NEVER DIE AGAIN!  Hallelujah!  Clapping Laughter-68

Buddhism is about the 4NT and 8FP.  It's just stating the obvious.  You suffer because of desires. Of course.  We all know that. Right now, I am eyeing a Picard wallet, went to Isetan at Tampines last night to look see look see, but could not decide between Picard, Santa Barbara, Valentino Rudy and Goldlion, which were all screaming "Buy me!  Buy me!  I am on offer!  Got big discounts!"

Remove the desires, and you remove suffering.  That's a tall order.  While writing this, I am still thinking of that Picard wallet wor.  Made of calf leather, not cow leather.  There's a difference... Tongue

But even if you can deal with the Picardish desire,  you will still die.  Christ offers to you HOPE of eternal life.  You don't die but will live, reconciled with Almighty God who created all of us.  You are His Creation, and even if you deny it, it does not detract from the TRUTH and FACT that He is your Creator..   Rolleyes

For a layman, you know a fair amount about the mainstream religions, the nature and meaning of existence. In terms of content, your write-up is good. It provides some enlightenment about spiritual matters and voyage, a welcome change from worldly concerns and the cares of everyday life though it's also been given a cold welcome by your nemeses.

People whose motto is to eat, drink and be merry may not be leading empty, meaningless lives nor feel something missing from their lives now. There may come a point in a man's life when he has to think deeply about his life, his future and perhaps face the fact of his own mortality with the passing of a loved one.

When life throws him a few curveballs he may not know how to handle it, and it may leave him feeling empty and bitter. Listening to his inner voice is the first step along the road to recovery and maybe to Damascus too.
[+] 1 user Likes S I M T A N's post

(26-10-2023, 12:58 AM)S I M T A N Wrote:  For a layman, you know a fair amount about the mainstream religions, the nature and meaning of existence. In terms of content, your write-up is good. It provides some enlightenment about spiritual matters and voyage, a welcome change from worldly concerns and the cares of everyday life though it's also been given a cold welcome by your nemeses.

People whose motto is to eat, drink and be merry may not be leading empty, meaningless lives nor feel something missing from their lives now. There may come a point in a man's life when he has to think deeply about his life, his future and perhaps face the fact of his own mortality with the passing of a loved one.

When life throws him a few curveballs he may not know how to handle it, and it may leave him feeling empty and bitter. Listening to his inner voice is the first step along the road to recovery and maybe to Damascus too.

Hey bitch! what are you trying to say? If you have shit release it don't fart around everywhere you visit.

Thinking Oyk:Tempt peepur at their Archilles Point: GREED

(26-10-2023, 12:58 AM)S I M T A N Wrote:  For a layman, you know a fair amount about the mainstream religions, the nature and meaning of existence. In terms of content, your write-up is good. It provides some enlightenment about spiritual matters and voyage, a welcome change from worldly concerns and the cares of everyday life though it's also been given a cold welcome by your nemeses.

You are kidding me. He's a Christian so obviously he needs to know stuff about Jesus. Even I know stuff about Christianity, Islam and Judaism without needing to be a believer. As for Buddhism, all it takes is a very small effort to do an internet search, that the 4 noble truths and the 8 fold paths are the basics. Dun believe? Just type in "basics of Buddhism" in google search and see what it turns up.

But he has definitely not lived up to his own preach about the ethos of Christianity.
[+] 2 users Like Blasterlord2's post

(26-10-2023, 01:27 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  You are kidding me. He's a Christian so obviously he needs to know stuff about Jesus. Even I know stuff about Christianity, Islam and Judaism without needing to be a believer. As for Buddhism, all it takes is a very small effort to do an internet search, that the 4 noble truths and the 8 fold paths are the basics. Dun believe? Just type in "basics of Buddhism" in google search and see what it turns up.

But he has definitely not lived up to his own preach about the ethos of Christianity.

You probably don't need Christ because you are so (self) righteous wor. 

Christ came to this world to die for and save sinners, and not such a (self) righteous man like you. 

I have never claimed to be perfect. You are using me to judge Christ and the Salvation which is still being offered to you even though you are so erm.... (self) righteous that you think Google can teach you the TRUTH. Google can teach you 4 NT and 8FP after I first wrote these but the Word of God? 

No man...you need the Holy Spirit to unlock the truths as revealed in the Word of God. Without the guiding Hand of the Holy Spirit, you can read the Bible a hundred times and Google a thousand, it will only seem like - in your words - "a grandmother's story" ..  

God gave you free will. It would be foolish for me to argue with you against your God given free will. Humbly accept or arrogantly reject, the decision is for you and you alone to make.  Rolleyes

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love
[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(26-10-2023, 10:54 AM)Oyk Wrote:  You probably don't need Christ because you are so (self) righteous wor. 

Christ came to this world to die for and save sinners, and not such a (self) righteous man like you. 

I have never claimed to be perfect. You are using me to judge Christ and the Salvation which is still being offered to you even though you are so erm.... (self) righteous that you think Google can teach you the TRUTH. Google can teach you 4 NT and 8FP after I first wrote these but the Word of God? 

No man...you need the Holy Spirit to unlock the truths as revealed in the Word of God. Without the guiding Hand of the Holy Spirit, you can read the Bible a hundred times and Google a thousand, it will only seem like - in your words - "a grandmother's story" ..  

God gave you free will. It would be foolish for me to argue with you against your God given free will. Humbly accept or arrogantly reject, the decision is for you and you alone to make.  Rolleyes

@Blasterliar

Do not use the humanity of Oyk (a man) to judge the divinity of Christ (the Lord)..  Smile

ban ban ban.

Nice titties Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

[Image: S8M22.gif]
[Image: S8zeo.gif]
let us pause for a moment of silence

(24-10-2023, 01:51 PM)Dan Wrote:  This is against the
MAINTENANCE OF RELIGIOUS HARMONY ACT 1990

Report Police lah! Big Grin

(26-10-2023, 12:58 AM)S I M T A N Wrote:  For a layman, you know a fair amount about the mainstream religions, the nature and meaning of existence. In terms of content, your write-up is good. It provides some enlightenment about spiritual matters and voyage, a welcome change from worldly concerns and the cares of everyday life though it's also been given a cold welcome by your nemeses.

The carnal pleasures of this life are temporal. When young and relatively healthy, these are what peepur seek and chase after, fight over. The man who goes to a pub today is not the same as the one who went there 10 years ago. And who knows it will be another man 10 years later who goes not to the pub but a horsepeter.... for liver cirrhosis, followed by an accelerated voyage to somewhere inside BLOCK 9.

If this mortal body is not eternal nothing else in our life is. Not the friends we have, the loved ones we hold dear and yes, not Observer aka KILLYjoyly. And not any pleasure of the flesh.

Man apart from God is hopeless. We can go solve difficult math, algorithms, harness the speed and power of A.I yet for all these, we are still helpless in the face of death.

When will unbelievers finally understand this? Perhaps even as they read this, they are sneering, mocking, laughing...

(26-10-2023, 02:24 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Report Police lah! Big Grin

You want Oyk to go inside and sit, izzit?  Angry
[Image: IMG-20190116-233801.png]

(26-10-2023, 11:56 AM)KILLjoy Wrote:  [Image: S8M22.gif]
[Image: S8zeo.gif]
let us pause for a moment of silence

Jesus died on the Cross for the Sin of Adam, and hence of all mankind.

That picture there is one which would offend the sensitivity of many Christians when you also seemed to use words like hallelujah and amen with no respect for the followers of Christ. 

But I suppose these very oppies who ranted Ban Oyk! Ban Oyk! are ok with that.  Rolleyes

(26-10-2023, 11:05 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  ban ban ban.

What happened? Why is your mother banned from Geylang?  Rolleyes

(26-10-2023, 03:04 PM)Oyk Wrote:  What happened? Why is your mother banned from Geylang?  Rolleyes

How to prove you are a Khan Singaporean Chinese, Yanghua?

(26-10-2023, 03:12 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  How to prove you are a Khan Singaporean Chinese, Yanghua?

Khan Singaporean Chinese???

No, I don't have Mongolian blood, not even a few scoops of it. 

I am Han. A Han Singaporean. Do not add the word Chinese please.. I am NOT a Chinese, I am a Singaporean.  Rolleyes

(26-10-2023, 03:44 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Khan Singaporean Chimese???

No, I don't have Mongolian blood, not even a few scoops of it. 

I am Han. A Han Singaporean. Do not add the word Chinese please.. I am NOT a Chinese, I am a Singaporean.  Rolleyes

Then please show your IC (you may cover your name and DOB)

(26-10-2023, 03:46 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Then please show your IC (you may cover your name and DOB)

I said before and I'll say it again. The Old Guards got it wrong.

ALL WRONG.

CHINESE AND INDIAN are not races. They are nationalities.

Minister Shan for eg is NOT an Indian. He's a Singaporean and a Tamil. Pritam Singh is not an Indian. He's a Singaporean and a Sikh.

Lawrence Wong is not a Chinese. He's a Singaporean and a Han. My ic says I am the same race as our next PM.

Btw we know you are an Eurasian..   Tongue

I often met ppl who called themselves 旅美华人,旅加华侨,华裔科学家,。。。and some old Cantonese folks may call themselves tong yan, even if they'd already migrated long time ago. But never came across one who called himself 汉,except in mainland china and tw. There's aso a tw song entitled 愿嫁汉家郎

So it's rather odd to call ownself han outside of mainland china and tw. Isn't hua 华 a better word to use?

(26-10-2023, 03:53 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I said before and I'll say it again. The Old Guards got it wrong.

ALL WRONG.

CHINESE AND INDIAN are not races. They are nationalities.

Minister Shan for eg is NOT an Indian. He's a Singaporean and a Tamil. Pritam Singh is not an Indian. He's a Singaporean and a Sikh.

Lawrence Wong is not a Chinese. He's a Singaporean and a Han. My ic says I am the same race as our next PM.

Btw we know you are an Eurasian..   Tongue

废话少说,show us your IC please🤨

(26-10-2023, 02:57 PM)Oyk Wrote:  You want Oyk to go inside and sit, izzit?  Angry
[Image: IMG-20190116-233801.png]

Go inside sit got free food free lodging lah! Big Grin Don't care about what's happening outside lah!

(26-10-2023, 04:13 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Go inside sit got free food free lodging lah! Big Grin Don't care about what's happening outside lah!

Yalor, Mr Lee😋

Hokkien for 唐人 is tng lung.

The Cantonese are not the only dialect group who use this term. They just pronounce it differently as tong yarn.

Just like it would be pronounced as tang ren in the Mandarin dialect.

The older generation did call themselves tong yarn or tng lung depending on which dialect they spoke.

Today, Han 汉 is listed as one of China's 56 races and is by far the majority race at 92~93%. Tang 唐 is not listed as a race in China. 

Calling oneself a 唐人 is a way to identify with a period,  a dynasty, when China was the most civilized country in the world, while the Europeans were living in the dark ages as barbarians. The US didn't even exist though the continent had always been there and was inhabited by "Red Indians".  Smile

(26-10-2023, 04:13 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Go inside sit got free food free lodging lah! Big Grin Don't care about what's happening outside lah!

Inside got no WiFi. Cannot bring smartphone in. Mlmlwml.  Rolleyes

(26-10-2023, 04:23 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Hokkien for 唐人 is tng lung.

The Cantonese are not the only dialect group who use this term. They just pronounce it differently as tong yarn.

Just like it would be pronounced as tang ren in the Mandarin dialect.

The older generation did call themselves tong yarn or tng lung depending on which dialect they spoke.

Today, Han 汉 is listed as one of China's 56 races and is by far the majority race at 92~93%. Tang 唐 is not listed as a race in China. 

Calling oneself a 唐人 is a way to identify with a period,  a dynasty, when China was the most civilized country in the world, while the Europeans were living in the dark ages as barbarians. The US didn't even exist though the continent had always been there and was inhabited by "Red Indians".  Smile

We are all 華人, only you claim you are a Han Singaporean Chinese, so weird leh?

(26-10-2023, 04:30 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  We are all 華人, only you claim you are a Han Singaporean Chinese, so weird leh?

Relax he is entitled to his point of view. Possibly his parents are special compared to their same era compatriots. So give birth to him he inherit his parents special "prowess" like having such terminology for race.

(26-10-2023, 04:47 PM)sgh Wrote:  Relax he is entitled to his point of view. Possibly his parents are special compared to their same era compatriots. So give birth to him he inherit his parents special "prowess" like having such terminology for race.

Maybe that's why he always brings out other people's parents when he loses an argument. 能做到讲输人就扭曲别人的话,去到哪都被人嫌弃,他真是个好教徒啊