What happens if my Singtel fibre broadband modem spoil ??

Now than I knew why Singapore need soooo many FTs  Big Grin

If Don’t knew never anyhow suggest skali tio sue by vendor … modem must be replace by vendor can’t anyhow hantam de la  Opasnie-1

(04-05-2022, 10:14 PM)cwc29 Wrote:  If Don’t knew never anyhow suggest skali tio sue by vendor … modem must be replace by vendor can’t anyhow hantam de la  Opasnie-1

Hahaha... I think you're right. If TS is only thinking about replacing ONT or ONR, then he needs the isp to configure the equipment. TS better just call up his isp.

(04-05-2022, 10:14 PM)cwc29 Wrote:  If Don’t knew never anyhow suggest skali tio sue by vendor … modem must be replace by vendor can’t anyhow hantam de la  Opasnie-1

correct lah. anyhow hantum hai si lang
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink?'s post

(03-05-2022, 07:39 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  If you need a replacement for your faulty Singtel equipment, such as Optical Network Terminal (ONT), Optical Network Router (ONR), Router, Set-Top Box (STB), or Singtel TV Remote Control, visit any of the following Self-Replacement Centres for an exchange:

If yours ONT is faulty , already mentioned just bring it to them for replacement. Make sure its faulty.Believe they will setup for you before they exchange.

(04-05-2022, 04:23 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I think you're referring to an ONT then. This should be very cheap (<$50). Just buy the huawei one from shop or online.

yes, mine is the ONT since i don't want router.................my friend gave me an Asus router too but never use

(03-05-2022, 07:39 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  If you need a replacement for your faulty Singtel equipment, such as Optical Network Terminal (ONT), Optical Network Router (ONR), Router, Set-Top Box (STB), or Singtel TV Remote Control, visit any of the following Self-Replacement Centres for an exchange:

bro, you mean i bring the spoilt unit to the centre and can get a free new unit ?

so good ah ?

(03-05-2022, 06:23 PM)cwc29 Wrote:  Modem you can’t buy and install yourself la… so must call SingTel they will replace new set for you FOC de … only wireless router you can buy and installed yourself  Big Grin

why modem can't buy from shop leh ?

but will get new unit free ?..............if free, of course better lah................i scared those idiots later charge me $100+ for a lousy modem

(03-05-2022, 05:11 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I dunno about Singtel but for M1 if I remember correctly the modem is supplied and installed by a different company. The M1 only supplied the router and at every renewal of contract, they  gave a new router. My last contract renewal was done online so I dun get a new router.
As for the modem, if spoil M1 will get the company that installed the modem to handle. So far, I haven't change modem yet, so I not sure of the exact process...... Confused

okay, many thanks for the info

(03-05-2022, 08:59 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Leave it on… Big Grin
The power consumption is not high.
Normally less than 20w/hr.

If I base on Max 20w, 20wx24hrs x 20cents/kWh =0.48kwx20cents. Less than 10cents a day.

You want to save electricity, can save on other area.
Replace all the bulbs to LED bulbs.
Don’t use Airpot, use electric flask.
Aircon set at 25 deg C etc.

Don’t use vacuum cleaner.
Use broom… Can exercise and save electricity.

less than 10cents per day but add up over time leh, bro...............

(03-05-2022, 09:09 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Don’t keep Turning ON and OFF your router too frequently. It may damage the power unit inside the router due to high current flow during initial power up.

Router uses minimal power.
If router spoilt due to power unit failure,  it is silly to get a replacement router, Time and $$$ wasted…

I would recommend if you die die want to switch it off. May be switched it off once a week.

For me. I have never switched off my router. None of my current and old routers has ever spoilt before. It may be a very painful experience you can’t surf net at home due to router spoilt.

i turn on my modem in the morning but switch off at night before going to bed.................

(03-05-2022, 09:18 AM)theold Wrote:  If you fulfill the minimum subscription period, rightfully it should be a free replacement. Ideally, the modem and router in one set will be the best. But it is not the case here.

We always have one modem and one router. For modem, even with restrictions on the port, there is always one port allowed for you to link to the router for the internet.

Don't like the router provided by the service provider.

Long ago, there are inbuilt restrictions by the service providers. They will like to say, it is original from the manufacturer and there is no change. You can change and change, they are the same. You buy the same model from Sim Lim, it is different and flexible. Unlocked model.

roger...............roger...............hope can get free replacement..............i'm sure those idiots will try to charge me maybe 100+ for a new modem.............

many thanks

My router spoilt 2 times if on 3 days without off.
Went collect n they key in wrong code
Have to make appt to fix if at home.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(04-05-2022, 10:01 PM)cwc29 Wrote:  One modem nia talking until few pages … just call vendor they will replace for you FOC … if router spoil go buy and replace .. End of the story  Opasnie-1

if one modem also cannot get couple pages of comments.............then this forum is in trouble............. Rotfl

(04-05-2022, 10:23 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Hahaha... I think you're right. If TS is only thinking about replacing ONT or ONR, then he needs the isp to configure the equipment. TS better just call up his isp.

okay............as long as replacement is free.............everything is fine..........

(04-05-2022, 08:46 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  the ONT (for fiber optics, the equivalent of modem for the old cable internet) is provided by telco's partners, dun think you can get from market. if spoilt can get a replacement maybe with a fee if warranty expired

if they aso give you an ONR (equivalent to the old router), just take and sell lah

ok...........many thanks...........so ONR has fibre optic input but with the antenna for wifi ?

(04-05-2022, 09:56 PM)cwc29 Wrote:  My one ON for 10 years liao still kicking if Rosak just call vendor they come to replace FOC why so mafan tio bo ?!! we already pay for the services … live short short nia enjoy while you can  Big Grin

so good ah ? they come to your house with new replacement meh ?

(04-05-2022, 08:50 PM)singlon Wrote:  fibre optic converter.
like these

[Image: Screenshot-from-2022-05-04-20-47-28.png]

u only need this one:

[Image: Screenshot-from-2022-05-04-20-49-58.png]

thanks for taking the trouble to reply me, bro..............

(04-05-2022, 10:53 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  If yours ONT is faulty , already mentioned just bring it to them for replacement. Make sure its faulty.Believe they will setup for you before they exchange.

okay.............many thanks............so must bring faulty one there and then exchange.............what if i change from Singtel to M1 ?...........must return modem to Singtel ?

(04-05-2022, 08:16 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Nowadays, home lines are all free.

so call free lah..................already counted in the broadband bill liao lah................