Tourism minister should be fired for naming bak kut teh as a Malaysia heritage dish

(04-03-2024, 07:35 PM)moonrab Wrote:  https://wander-lush.org/food-culture-unesco/

Read..☝️

You can call it the cultural heritage of humanity but to say it is Singapore's or Malaysia's, you need to prove that you created the dish.

As I said, we can claim that Yu Sang is a Singaporean dish and it is.  But I also said that Malaysia has no right to say that BKT is their heritage dish.  Far from it.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(05-03-2024, 02:41 PM)Oyk Wrote:  You can call it the cultural heritage of humanity but to say it is Singapore's or Malaysia's, you need to prove that you created the dish.

As I said, we can claim that Yu Sang is a Singaporean dish and it is.  But I also said that Malaysia has no right to say that BKT is their heritage dish.  Far from it.

BKT is not their common 'national" dish enjoy by all Malaysian. 
Yu Sang is not Singapore common 'national" dish enjoy by all Singaporean. 
That's my point.

Therefore Singapore use our Hawker Food Culture under UNESCO Food Culture.
Comprises of all of our local food ( Chinese, Malay, Indian, etc) culture over 60 years or more...

(05-03-2024, 02:59 PM)moonrab Wrote:  BKT is not their common 'national" dish enjoy by all Malaysian. 
Yu Sang is not Singapore common 'national" dish enjoy by all Singaporean. 
That's my point.

Therefore Singapore use our Hawker Food Culture under UNESCO Food Culture.
Comprises of all of our local food culture over 60 years or more...

Yu Sang was created by a team of Singaporean chefs.  Don't bring race and religion into this, otherwise, a lot of dishes will be excluded because one does not eat beef, another does not ear pork...and the only food left have to be fish, mutton and chicken and must be halal.

(05-03-2024, 03:02 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Yu Sang was created by a team of Singaporean chefs.  Don't bring race and religion into this, otherwise, a lot of dishes will be excluded because one does not eat beef, another does not ear pork...and the only food left have to be fish, mutton and chicken and must be halal.

If you notice under the 30 UNESCO Food Culture list. 
The food was enjoy, represent the majority of a nation's citizens historical heritage. 

That's why a multi-races country will have difficult to find a dish enjoy by all citizens historically.

(05-03-2024, 03:32 PM)moonrab Wrote:  If you notice under the 30 UNESCO Food Culture list. 
The food was enjoy, represent the majority of a nation's citizens historical heritage. 

That's why a multi-races country will have difficult to find a dish enjoy by all citizens historically.

ALL copy Singapore then say their own lah! Big Grin

(05-03-2024, 03:46 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  ALL copy Singapore then say their own lah! Big Grin

That's why they complained when Singapore enlisted Hawker Food Culture Heritage with UNESCO. 
Because it comprised of many local foods including Chinese, Malay and Indian culinary...😊
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(05-03-2024, 05:55 PM)moonrab Wrote:  That's why they complained when Singapore enlisted Hawker Food Culture Heritage with UNESCO. 
Because it comprised of many local foods including Chinese, Malay and Indian culinary...😊

Malaysia always not happy with Singapore one lah! Big Grin We are better than them lah!

(05-03-2024, 06:21 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Malaysia always not happy with Singapore one lah! Big Grin We are better than them lah!

Yep, especially the Chinese Malaysian. 
They should compare with bigger countries..

(05-03-2024, 03:32 PM)moonrab Wrote:  If you notice under the 30 UNESCO Food Culture list. 

Of course.

You should update your news.  Another Han Malaysian parliamentarian had spoken saying that BKT uses pork ribs, and the dish was created by them in Klang Valley.  Now, the Klang Valley part needs to be investigated.

I had said before, and I say it again. it is very stupid of the Malaysians to claim that laksa, chicken rice, char kway teow and now MEAT kut teh are theirs, their creations.  Singapore also has the same dishes though there are regional differences in cooking style or flavour, but then this is also true for Malaysia.  Like if you compare Johor laksa with Penang laksa, Johor  CKT with Penange CKT, they are different.

Anyway, back to my point, which is that these foods are more accurately and aptly attributed to a particular dialect group regardless of whether they migrated to Malaya or Singapore, rather than to either Malaysia or Singapore.  Hence, we say that chicken rice was created by the Hylam kor, wanton min by the Kongfu por, Yong Tau Foo by the Hakka loe, Laksa by the Nonya por...Char Kway Teow by the Teochew ah hia.

No more quarrels right?

But noooo! the jhks and jhbs are so desperate for some glory since they are always trailing behind Singapore that they have to pick such kids' stuff to quarrel over, and now they quarrel with the Malays over it.

Often, we say Malaysia is backward because of the Malay government...see how Anwar and Muhyiddin are fighting?  And the corruption.  A guy who shoplifted a RM 200 item is made to serve his full three months' sentence without parole while the King can shave off years from Najib's sentence which the High Court there had found to be appropriate.  Money no enough.  Give a bit more, and the balance will be shaved off.

And if you think Malaysia would be better if the Hans were in charge, think again.  Just look at the things they bring up and bicker over.  Rolleyes

(06-03-2024, 09:25 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Of course.

You should update your news.  Another Han Malaysian parliamentarian had spoken saying that BKT uses pork ribs, and the dish was created by them in Klang Valley.  Now, the Klang Valley part needs to be investigated.

I had said before, and I say it again. it is very stupid of the Malaysians to claim that laksa, chicken rice, char kway teow and now MEAT kut teh are theirs, their creations.  Singapore also has the same dishes though there are regional differences in cooking style or flavour, but then this is also true for Malaysia.  Like if you compare Johor laksa with Penang laksa, Johor  CKT with Penange CKT, they are different.

Anyway, back to my point, which is that these foods are more accurately and aptly attributed to a particular dialect group regardless of whether they migrated to Malaya or Singapore, rather than to either Malaysia or Singapore.  Hence, we say that chicken rice was created by the Hylam kor, wanton min by the Kongfu por, Yong Tau Foo by the Hakka loe, Laksa by the Nonya por...Char Kway Teow by the Teochew ah hia.

No more quarrels right?

But noooo! the jhks and jhbs are so desperate for some glory since they are always trailing behind Singapore that they have to pick such kids' stuff to quarrel over, and now they quarrel with the Malays over it.

Often, we say Malaysia is backward because of the Malay government...see how Anwar and Muhyiddin are fighting?  And the corruption.  A guy who shoplifted a RM 200 item is made to serve his full three months' sentence without parole while the King can shave off years from Najib's sentence which the High Court there had found to be appropriate.  Money no enough.  Give a bit more, and the balance will be shaved off.

And if you think Malaysia would be better if the Hans were in charge, think again.  Just look at the things they bring up and bicker over.  Rolleyes

Lol..
Now you brought in dialects group into Chinese Food Originate claims by Malaysian..🤣

I would suggest Durian for the Malaysian UNESCO heritage food 😋. Since they are one of the major and popular exporter country.
And All races in Malaysia love in for decades...

Durian is a better marketable brand internationally, for tourism and trade..

(06-03-2024, 10:15 AM)moonrab Wrote:  Lol..
Now you brought in dialects group into Chinese Food Originate claims by Malaysian..🤣

I would suggest Durian for the Malaysian UNESCO heritage food 😋. Since they are one of the major and popular exporter country.

Durians were growing in Singapore for centuries too wor. Our climate and soil are suitable for growing durian trees, just that we had no choice but to clear the forests and build 30 storey HDB flats on it. 

Heritage food should be Man's creations lar. Leave the fruits out. Those are God's Heritage Fruits okay? Rolleyes

(06-03-2024, 10:15 AM)moonrab Wrote:  Lol..

Durian is Singapore one lah! Big Grin Pulau Ubin and Tekong got plenty lah!

(06-03-2024, 12:36 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Durian is Singapore one lah! Big Grin Pulau Ubin and Tekong got plenty lah!

Mai la...
Let them win la..
If not it will be very noisy in forum..🤣

(06-03-2024, 11:48 AM)Oyk Wrote:  sgtalk Oyk A DICKHEAD
sgtalk Oyk FUCKED OWN MAMA

(06-03-2024, 12:56 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Mai la...Let them win la..
If not it will be very noisy in forum..🤣

让一下 天下太平
忍一时风平浪静... that might help in keeping calm...

I think our neighbors up North need to let go and accept SG isn't going to slow down...be it water, land, sand, manpower, wealth, governance or SGD power...

Big Grin

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

Singapore leaders should bring Malaysia to Court of Justice @ The Hague.

Fight the case

(11-03-2024, 11:34 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Singapore leaders should bring Malaysia to Court of Justice @ The Hague.

Fight the case

Fight your head...🤣

(06-03-2024, 12:36 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Durian is Singapore one lah! Big Grin Pulau Ubin and Tekong got plenty lah!

Over here, we have the biggest one
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post