Lee Hsien Yang ordered to pay damages to Shanmugam, Vivian for defaming them

[Image: Lee-Hsien-Yang-ordered-to-pay-damages-to...them-1.png]

Bhwahahahaaaaaa!!!!!
[Image: laugh-emoji.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Dan's post

(29-11-2023, 01:34 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I suspect that LHL was LKY's favourite child.  He was the first-born, and as it turned out, he did not disappoint in studies, he was everything all parents would hope for their chewren.

His two siblings were also good at their studies, and like him, won a President's Scholarship, but LHL was well, the first-born, and hence his father's favourite.

And that built up jealousy which neither his sister nor brother dared to show when LKY was still alive.  They were scared of the old man.  But soon after he died, his sister fired the first salvo by accusing him of being dishonourable...I am still figuring out, how, where, what?  I cannot find anything which LHL did which was dishonourable wor. Smile
yr imagination deserves to write a script play for media corp

(29-11-2023, 02:11 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  You talk as if you're 1 of the family members leh! Big Grin I also don't understand lah!

my comments is better 
he has the gene to write stories for drama
[+] 1 user Likes talky's post

if a son of lky says smthg he cant prove n kenna sued n fined, u n i how?

(30-11-2023, 11:01 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Recently, we saw the word "injunction" being used by no less a High Court judge.  There is another legal term called "Specific Performance" - that's two simpur enough words but it's a legal jargon.

The former is a court order which means "You are not to" while the latter means "You are to..."

PM Lee shared in Parliament that he was specifically told - a specific performance, if I may borrow this legal jargon - by his father that if anything should happen to him to look after his mother and younger siblings.  So, he was given the heavy burden in a typical "Chinese" family to be the man of the house should LKY be killed.

I would not say "Blood is thicker than water" in this case.  Rather, I see an honourable son who obeyed his father, was filial, and who had set his mind from that day onwards to look after his younger siblings for life.  He would not interfere with the judiciary.  He would let the law run its course, and the judges decide according to the law of defamation.  I don't think he is elated to see his younger brother being sued and sued successfully.  I am sure it pains him.

If blood is thicker than water, both his younger siblings would not have gone so publicly about their feud, which did nothing good for LHL's name.

You obviously are well-read in the Lee family affairs and are able to provide some background on them. I only have a nodding acquaintance with their affairs - hence my scanty comments thus far.

PM Lee must have felt it was his duty to be protective of his younger siblings despite being branded as dishonorable. He took it in his stride and even went as far as to affirm that he would never take his siblings to court, come what may. It came as no surprise to me his brotherly acts were made in accordance with his late father's wishes and was a part of fulfilling his filial duties.

I used the proverb "Blood is thicker than water" for lack of a better term, never mind that theirs isn't a reciprocal relationship and is very 'one-sided'. It's easy to catch my drift. A bad son made away with his elderly mother's life savings and squandered it after being entrusted with the task of looking after her money. His poor mother was left penniless, but she didn't want to pursue this matter further nor wish to report him to the police . Instead, she cried, "I forgive him 'cos he is family." Someone then remarked, "Blood is thicker than water." The phrase is in common parlance, loosely used by many. Don't worry about the precise definition of words as long as one gets the gist of it.

"Honorable" would have been the mot juste, but the word never crossed my mind then. "Specific performance?" It's a legal jargon that the layman cannot understand, let alone use it. LKY didn't practise law anymore after becoming a politician, but I'm sure he could still speak the lingo. Specific instruction seems easier to understand, though. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes S I M T A N's post

(30-11-2023, 09:59 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  Ooh…. ? Clear their names with money? Really very rich and powerful that money can buy everything?

True, money can buy almost anything, but it can't buy love, and an honest judge can't be bought too. If a judge can be bought, it makes a complete nonsense of the judiciary system. The stringent regulatory authority would have none of it.

Oyk the fugging CECA still talking shite here?

Pundek don't even have the balls to come out and face me in person - tiu nia seng!

(01-12-2023, 01:25 AM)S I M T A N Wrote:  PM Lee must have felt it was his duty to be protective of his younger siblings despite being branded as dishonorable. He took it in his stride and even went as far as to affirm that he would never take his siblings to court, come what may. It came as no surprise to me his brotherly acts were made in accordance with his late father's wishes and was a part of fulfilling his filial duties.

In what way was he protective?
Knnbccb a snake is biting your brother and you say oh I don't want to be involved let's leave it to the relevant authority let nature takes its own course
Knnbccb Who brand him dishonorable? Who knows PM lee better than his own family member?

Quote:It came as no surprise to me his brotherly acts were made in accordance with his late father's wishes and was a part of fulfilling his filial duties
Knnbccb How do you know the brotherly act in this episode was made in accordance with LKY's wish? Because you say so? knnbccb! How the fuucks do you know LKY wished 38 Oxley saga would turn out the way it is? You didn't know what LKY's wish for 38 Oxley Rise upon his death? Knnbccb!

Thinking Oyk:Tempt peepur at their Archilles Point: GREED
[+] 1 user Likes starbugstk's post

They got the mailing address to send the letter of demand? Lol

(01-12-2023, 09:42 AM)Sticw Wrote:  They got the mailing address to send the letter of demand? Lol

via Facebook, a lily livered eunuch platform fast losing traction in today's modern world. Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

PAP loves the grandstand to Wayang

Conduct well in parliamentary manner 有屁用 ?

when their job is done badly.

[Image: Indranee-Conduct-themselves-in-Parliamen...annner.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(29-11-2023, 06:12 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  The court have not decided yet maybe a token of little sum like $1000 each only..

They want to be very rich. $1K is just peanuts to them. They want many times more so they can become richer.
[+] 1 user Likes Stoki's post

This is legalized blackmailing.

(01-12-2023, 02:09 PM)Stoki Wrote:  They want to be very rich. $1K is just peanuts to them. They want many times more so they can become richer.

$66K peanuts lah! Big Grin

(01-12-2023, 01:25 AM)S I M T A N Wrote:  You obviously are well-read in the Lee family affairs and are able to provide some background on them. I only have a nodding acquaintance with their affairs - hence my scanty comments thus far.

PM Lee must have felt it was his duty to be protective of his younger siblings despite being branded as dishonorable. He took it in his stride and even went as far as to affirm that he would never take his siblings to court, come what may. It came as no surprise to me his brotherly acts were made in accordance with his late father's wishes and was a part of fulfilling his filial duties.

I used the proverb "Blood is thicker than water" for lack of a better term, never mind that theirs isn't a reciprocal relationship and is very 'one-sided'. It's easy to catch my drift. A bad son made away with his elderly mother's life savings and squandered it after being entrusted with the task of looking after her money. His poor mother was left penniless, but she didn't want to pursue this matter further nor wish to report him to the police . Instead, she cried, "I forgive him 'cos he is family." Someone then remarked, "Blood is thicker than water." The phrase is in common parlance, loosely used by many. Don't worry about the precise definition of words as long as one gets the gist of it.

"Honorable" would have been the mot juste, but the word never crossed my mind then. "Specific performance?" It's a legal jargon that the layman cannot understand, let alone use it. LKY didn't practise law anymore after becoming a politician, but I'm sure he could still speak the lingo. Specific instruction seems easier to understand, though. Smile

Specific performance.
Specific instruction.

Both sound like plain English. Injunction is the word that would sound like a legal jargon.

A specific performance has the force of law that a specific instruction does not.

Christians sometimes say biblical injunction to refer to the "Thou shalt not" of God's laws. But not all are "Thou shalt not". Some are "Thou shalt". These would be biblical specifuc performances. Together with the biblical injunctions, they form the Ten Commandments. That's God's Laws. 

Executing a specific instruction as if it were a court order, a specific performance, is to accord to it the highest level of obedience.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(01-12-2023, 03:20 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Specific performance.
Specific instruction.

Both sound like plain English. Injunction is the word that would sound like a legal jargon.

A specific performance has the force of law that a specific instruction does not.

Christians sometimes say biblical injunction to refer to the "Thou shalt not" of God's laws. But not all are "Thou shalt not". Some are "Thou shalt". These would be biblical specifuc performances. Together with the biblical injunctions, they form the Ten Commandments. That's God's Laws. 

Executing a specific instruction as if it were a court order, a specific performance, is to accord to it the highest level of obedience.

(01-12-2023, 03:20 PM)Observer Wrote:  You have been hiding for quite a while. Have you been fûcking your granddaughter again?

[Image: lEQ0o3w.jpg] Rotfl

Laughing Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post

(01-12-2023, 03:20 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Christians sometimes say biblical injunction to refer to the "Thou shalt not" of God's laws. Like "Thou shalt not fûck your mother in the kitchen or under the table. But not all are "Thou shalt not". Some are "Thou shalt". Like "Thou shalt also fûck your granddaughter once in a while. These would be biblical special performances. Together with the biblical injunctions, they form the Twelve Commandments. That's Oyk's Laws. 

Laughing Laughing

Knnbccb Oyk xia suay all the Christians in Singapore knnbccb!

[Image: 8hT4AHQ.jpg]

[Image: up23iz1.jpg]

[Image: fLxooFU.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like starbugstk's post

(01-12-2023, 07:39 PM)starbugstk Wrote:  Knnbccb Oyk xia suay all the Christians in Singapore knnbccb!

[Image: 8hT4AHQ.jpg]

[Image: up23iz1.jpg]

[Image: fLxooFU.jpg]

According to Christians, Jesus is coming back on Judgement Day lah! Big Grin ALL will be judged then lah!

[Image: LUvIsWq.png]

Bhwahahahaaaaaa!!!!!
[Image: laugh-emoji.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Dan's post

(01-12-2023, 08:20 AM)starbugstk Wrote:  In what way was he protective?
Knnbccb a snake is biting your brother and you say oh I don't want to be involved let's leave it to the relevant authority let nature takes its own course
Knnbccb Who brand him dishonorable? Who knows PM lee better than his own family member?

Knnbccb How do you know the brotherly act in this episode was made in accordance with LKY's wish?  Because you say so? knnbccb!  How the fuucks do you know LKY wished 38 Oxley saga would turn out the way it is? You didn't know what LKY's wish for 38 Oxley Rise upon his death? Knnbccb!

I did not come on to this discussion well-prepared by reading up on the Lee family, gleaning the biographies of LKY and the information superhighway. I've a superficial knowledge of the Lees. With the snippets of info I received from news articles, I'll use them to help me form opinions which may or may not be true. So correct me if I'm wrong.

I started my last post with this statement: "PM Lee must have ("must have" suggests a possibility, but not a certainty) felt it was his duty to be protective of his siblings despite being branded as dishonorable." Our resident opinion maker told us PM Lee shared in Parliament, in the wake of the Oxley cause celebre, that he had obtained a specific performance to "look after his younger siblings." I too read about this in the paper.

The SP was in effect a court order. This means that he was, and still is, under legal obligation to care for his younger siblings after the passing of the elder Lee. As the head of the Lee household, he would have to shoulder this burden. My understanding is that to take legal proceedings against any of his siblings would be a contravention of the SP.

Our late founding father could have a premonition that the long-simmering tensions between his children might boil over into an ugly situation. For this reason he filed for a SP in hopes of peace and quiet in the family and that things would not come to a head. What happened after his passing was his children's disputations over the fate of his Oxley bungalow. The issue was the talk of the town. Dirty linen was aired, with Wei Ling calling her brother "dishonourable."

The dust has settled, and now Hsien Yang is mired in legal troubles. The indiscretion in his remarks was his undoing. I share Oyk's feeling that PM Lee would not be elated over his younger brother's legal troubles. The libel action must have caused him pain. Sibling ties are like any others, with their ups and downs. No matter how violent their arguments, the bonds and feelings of kinships remain unbreakable for most siblings.
[+] 1 user Likes S I M T A N's post

Rich man games

(02-12-2023, 01:48 AM)S I M T A N Wrote:  I did not come on to this discussion well-prepared by reading up on the Lee family, gleaning the biographies of LKY and the information superhighway. I've a superficial knowledge of the Lees. With the snippets of info I received from news articles, I'll use them to help me form opinions which may or may not be true. So correct me if I'm wrong.

I started my last post with this statement: "PM Lee must have ("must have" suggests a possibility, but not a certainty) felt it was his duty to be protective of his siblings despite being branded as dishonorable." Our resident opinion maker told us PM Lee shared in Parliament, in the wake of the Oxley cause celebre, that he had obtained a specific performance to "look after his younger siblings." I too read about this in the paper.

The SP was in effect a court order. This means that he was, and still is, under legal obligation to care for his younger siblings after the passing of the elder Lee. As the head of the Lee household, he would have to shoulder this burden. My understanding is that to take legal proceedings against any of his siblings would be a contravention of the SP.

Our late founding father could have a premonition that the long-simmering tensions between his children might boil over into an ugly situation. For this reason he filed for a SP in hopes of peace and quiet in the family and that things would not come to a head. What happened after his passing was his children's disputations over the fate of his Oxley bungalow. The issue was the talk of the town. Dirty linen was aired, with Wei Ling calling her brother "dishonourable."

The dust has settled, and now Hsien Yang is mired in legal troubles. The indiscretion in his remarks was his undoing. I share Oyk's feeling that PM Lee would not be elated over his younger brother's legal troubles. The libel action must have caused him pain. Sibling ties are like any others, with their ups and downs. No matter how violent their arguments, the bonds and feelings of kinships remain unbreakable for most siblings.

I don't want to get involved with their family issues lah! Big Grin Not my problems lah!

(02-12-2023, 01:48 AM)S I M T A N Wrote:  I did not come on to this discussion well-prepared by reading up on the Lee family, gleaning the biographies of LKY and the information superhighway. I've a superficial knowledge of the Lees. With the snippets of info I received from news articles, I'll use them to help me form opinions which may or may not be true. So correct me if I'm wrong.

Knnbccb The SP is in effect a wayang to portray his magnanimity towards his siblings. Now he can stand tall and say look the court order requires me to take care of my siblings so I can't bring them to court but in actual fact he was afraid more would be exposed in court during cross examinations.
The SP provides that vitally needed excuse to the people in the street who were screaming why use the parliament for personal affairs instead of the court. Now go and find an instance where the SP was used to protect the siblings other than bringing them to court.

So coming back to protecting and taking care of his siblings ... did he as the eldest bro exhibit or by way of brotherly care make an effort to invite his siblings for reunion dinner during the LNY?
Did he visit Wei Ling during her weakest and sickliest moment?
Was he there to care or protect her from pain and discomfort ?
The SP is a fuuking humbug. Knnbccb

Now back to you, what would you have done if your bro was in trouble regardless mistakes or wrong doings?
Would you not lift a finger to help in his predicament?

The bonds and feelings of kinships remain unbreakable my lancheow 🖕 KKNBCCB!

[+] 2 users Like starbugstk's post

(02-12-2023, 01:48 AM)S I M T A N Wrote:  I did not come on to this discussion well-prepared by reading up on the Lee family, gleaning the biographies of LKY and the information superhighway. I've a superficial knowledge of the Lees. With the snippets of info I received from news articles, I'll use them to help me form opinions which may or may not be true. So correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't know if LKY had used the SP to try to soften the consequences of an out-of-control sibling battle.  I doubt so.  It would have made a punching bag out of LHL to only "instruct" him to look after his younger siblings, and not tell the latter to "listen to and obey your kor kor".  

The best instruction would have been to tell all three of them, come way may, stay united, and take care of one another.  

Nobody, including LKY, expected him to live to 91. The 1950s and 1960s were perilous times, and I don't write about it from an article I have read which Observer has not.  I lived through those years.  LKY could have been assassinated if not by the communists then his enemies - not just the diehard anti-LKY voters who voted against PAP - but also by hostile elements from Malaysia.  LKY was not well-loved in Malaysia.  Every time Mahahtir stirred, our leaders' lives were in danger because we'd never know if a lone wolf might...

And there was the Vietnam War.

LKY could have been killed in so many ways.

The instruction to look after his mother and younger siblings was typical of an old Chinese way of thinking.  Of course, in practice, it would have meant a widow (Mrs LKY) looking after all three of them. At that time, LHL was still a teenager.  How in hell was he going to look after his mother when he did not have a job, a salary, and was not fully mature!?  But he could of course look after her in her old age.

[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(02-12-2023, 09:20 AM)starbugstk Wrote:  Knnbccb The SP is in effect a wayang to portray his magnanimity towards his siblings. Now he can stand tall and say look the court order requires me to take care of my siblings so I can't bring them to court but in actual fact he was afraid more would be exposed in court during cross examinations.
The SP provides that vitally needed excuse to the people in the street who were screaming why use the parliament for personal affairs instead of the court. Now go and find an instance where the SP was used to protect the siblings other than bringing them to court.

So coming back to protecting and taking care of his siblings ... did he as the eldest bro exhibit or by way of brotherly care make an effort to invite his siblings for reunion dinner during the LNY?
Did he visit Wei Ling during her weakest and sickliest moment?
Was he there to care or protect her from pain and discomfort ?
The SP is a fuuking humbug. Knnbccb

Now back to you, what would you have done if your bro was in trouble regardless mistakes or wrong doings?
Would you not lift a finger to help in his predicament?

The bonds and feelings of kinships remain unbreakable my lancheow  🖕    KKNBCCB!

What is the point of asking questions when nobody here knows the answers?

Did he try to visit, even on pain of being shouted at:  Get lost.  knnccb!  Get lost!  (Saliva flying through the metal gate)

We don't know right?

Would WL allow him to visit?

We don't know right?

Since you'd ask, I would assume that those were not rhetorical questions meant to say that "he did not visit her, take care of her, rar rar rar", as if you somehow knew...................rather, I'd assume that you want the answers.  May I suggest that you go and ask LHL for the answers? Rolleyes

Yes, his brother was sued.  Are you suggesting that LHL should interfere with the judiciary to thwart the verdict?  And assuming he did that, and assuming he could even succeed in doing that, you'd say ah! see!  The PM interferes with the courts!  Corrupt! Vote PAP and especially LHL out!  

You are really a snake man.  Cut from the same cloth as Observer.  Rolleyes

[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

Yawn.

(29-11-2023, 08:16 PM)starbugstk Wrote:  Knnbccb the undisputed King of all Motherfuckers is here

[Image: download?p=nwqSVjaxB52Ae3f_TBZBVgnmo1FG4...7ZonQUlu4-]

(29-11-2023, 08:37 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Wow, he looks like his mother.

(29-11-2023, 08:54 PM)Oyk Wrote:  No wonder everybody calls you CB face.  Rotfl

Knnbccb why did that motherfucker reacted to Alice's comment instantly about the look alike on the image?
A real co-incident ? Notice how angry he retorted? KNNBCCB

Conclusion: He looks like his mother. Rotfl Rotfl

[+] 4 users Like starbugstk's post

(02-12-2023, 10:25 AM)starbugstk Wrote:  Knnbccb why did that motherfucker reacted to Alice's comment instantly about the look alike on the image?
A real co-incident ? Notice how angry he retorted? KNNBCC

Conclusion: He looks like his mother.
Bro, cool down. Don’t be so vulgar leh.

(02-12-2023, 10:23 AM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Yawn.  Very sleepy.  Waited for one whole night but still no customer for my daughter's meow meow

Aiya, go and sleep lar.  Waited for a whole night to compete with Observer's daughter?   Rotfl