My 10 HK stock portforlio created 13 Jul- 2020 big losses and big gains.

(26-11-2021, 09:18 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I made a risky move
Stock was up 10% within days after I bought plunged by 18% in 5 min...leading to an 8% loss.

Based on trading pattern....I think it is likely speculators loaded up last few days and start to chicken out as market plunged...rushing to get out in last half hour of the horrendous market today.

There is no news.

Positive news is still more likely than negative news as major shareholders stand to gain a few billion by pulling a listing shift off.

As this is high risk, I am.prepared for losses if it goes the other way but I don't think today's selloff is due to any real development...

The HK market will always be a rodeo....to win you need to stay on the horse but bet on many horses.

You are on a bull...you need to stay on to win..you need to prepare to cling on during turbulence.

Also don't jump onto the bull when it is raging. You need to be on it before it start moving wild...prepared before the bull is released.so you can stay on.longer with a good footing...

Very good analogy, u like to write poems?

(26-11-2021, 09:38 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Below is the HSI index.
All.the lines I draw them 7 yrs ago when I used to trade the HSI....I have not changed then.

Take a very close look. The HSI is very volatile in the short term of months and days but has a steady up trend over the long term.

Investors can use the wild swings to buy at good prices ...

[Image: dPo7WtC.jpg]

Base on yr chart 24000 is about for buy?

(26-11-2021, 09:38 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Below is the HSI index.
All.the lines I draw them 7 yrs ago when I used to trade the HSI....I have not changed then.

Take a very close look. The HSI is very volatile in the short term of months and days but has a steady up trend over the long term.

Investors can use the wild swings to buy at good prices ...

[Image: dPo7WtC.jpg]

Base on yr chart 24000 is about for buy?

Update my purchases of baba on 6 Dec 2021

Tough Yr for HK tech stocks....coming to a close....

[Image: eFSDkIw.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Update on 1 Jan 2022:

1. -45%
2. -17%
3.  +6%
4. +12%
5.-60%
6  0%
7 +158%
8. +8.9%
9.  +145%
10. +56%
11. +124%
12. -15%
13. +85%
14. +80%
15. +56%
16.  -24%
17.  +107%
18.  -11%
19.  +42%
20. -27%
21. +46%
22. --40%
23. -48%
24. +17%
25. -42%
26. +2.6%
27.  -38%
28. -30%
29. -2%
30. -12%
31. -14%
32. -51%×6**
33. +3%
34. -10%
35  -24%
36.  -28%
37.  -25%
38. +21%
39. -12%
40. +8%

** this trade was miscalculated in earlier summary.

Overall is +3.7%.

Considering the HS Tech Index has fallen 50% from peak and 17% when I started buying...going through a "crash" with +3.7% 

I was up throughout the 1.5yrs until the selloff intensified ..bring down the portfolio from double digit gains to flat.

A simple DCA strategy on HS Tech would result in an estimated  loss of 24-30%

But going forward a DCA make sense given the selloff has resulted in low valuations across the board and as a strategy to capture. This over a period makes sense.

Risks of China slowdown, regulatory uncertainty remains.

But the long term upside ...digitalisation trends, a need for China to pivot to Tech and green energy for future growth and China needs to embark on monetary easing to counter the real estate slump.

I am.waiting for a good opportunity to add Tencent to the list but will look at the HS Tech jn the mean time.

When stocks go down there will always be fear and trepidation. The problems look serous and investors think they will never end or will get simply get worse so they never step in to buy. But one can be too early and see heavy draw downs.

[Image: wxcvwf4.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(01-01-2022, 09:03 AM)5354 Wrote:  Tikam2 stock picks

No wisdom here, nothing to learn

His SembMarine end state calls, you follow you die, lost more than 100%, drop from $1.80 in 2019 to 8.2 cts on 31 Dec 21 after 2 rights issue
These are serous investments made with hard cash. If there are losses it will be significant and real.

Sembmarine I sold long time ago.  This year I got some  free from Sembcorp demerge and sold for nice profit 
Not every investment is profitable. 

As for China Tech stocks the are serious investments. Those who get it wrong will lose their pants and there are many on YouTube...you can go watch.

It is not recommended for those who are risk adverse. 

Some of my purchases have double and one went down 60%
So the risk cannot be trivialised....

big gains - big losses - trading costs = small gains? not bad lah.

(01-01-2022, 09:41 AM)5354 Wrote:  Ladies and gentlemen

If you had followed his cbailj stock picks in 2021

Your arrsehole bleeding like him now, no mood to celebrate Christmas and CNY

Everyday face black black, arrsehole red red

This idiot claimed he spent 2021 attending online course and spent thousands on expensive graphic cards

And the stocks he picked? 

Alibaba! Down 20%, no stops like his end state SembMarine

Stupid fcuk!

The average annual high to low of China Tech stocks is 50%.
It makes no sense for long term investors to use such 10% 20% cut loss rules as you will always be stopped out   .and will never hold anything long term.

The portfolio is build based on long term developments that China tech development will mirror what has already happened in the US. 

This is not a trading portforlio where one look at charts put in stops and cut loss etc.

(01-01-2022, 09:44 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  big gains - big losses - trading costs = small gains? not bad lah.

This is on the backdrop of a crash of HS Tech of 50% from the peak. This drop crushed many investors who like to rush in at the peak when everything looked rosy and there were no problems.

I think I did also get some dividends which I don't bother as they are small. The trading commissions are negligible as they are not constantly traded but held for long haul.

(19-10-2021, 12:39 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  No yet...I am evaluating Ping An vs Postal savings  Bank.

Invested in tech but missed this very good investment in Postal. I was too distracted by the volatility in tech and thought the ongoing Evergrande crisis will move the banks down future for an even better entry.

But that was a mistake.

[Image: asvS7Ne.jpg]

Managed to pick up Tencent during selldown at 460

BYD saw a sharp plunge today.after Tesla reported earnings and Elon said supply chain will affect production.

As BYD is fully vertically integrated it will be least affected by such supply chain problems....

So BUY or SELL?

I did not sell any as such selloffs are now routine in a jittery market

[Image: UdK1TWg.jpg]

(28-01-2022, 03:00 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Managed to pick up Tencent during selldown at 460

BYD saw a sharp plunge today.after Tesla reported earnings and Elon said supply chain will affect production.

As BYD is fully vertically integrated it will be least affected by such supply chain problems....

So BUY or SELL?

Just add more byd lo

(28-01-2022, 03:00 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Managed to pick up Tencent during selldown at 460

So BUY or SELL?

From the way u buy stocks, u seem like u are so much richer than Warren buffett. Always buy at high.  Rotfl

Some recent HK stock purchases I made after selling half .iFast position. I have not used up.much of the sales proceeds yet so I can keep buying.

[Image: j3pRzcZ.jpg]
[Image: OeZalNR.jpg]

(28-01-2022, 03:10 PM)Zannn Wrote:  Just add more byd lo

Yes ...I did add at 223.

So BUY or SELL?

On the 28 Jan. Elon Musk went to say EV companies face supply chain problems causing EV stocks to plunge ...after that this is what happened.

If you listened to Elon and reacted by panicking you would have lost your position. I explained that Elon Musk is wrong and looking in rear view mirror.

[Image: HXvt02q.jpg]

Why buy China tech stocks ...because they are bashed down by :

1. Regulation by CCP.
2. Fears about US delisting.

What does not change is the big role that companies like Alibaba play in the China economy.
The regulation and listing fear cuts the access of competitors to easy money reducing their ability to conduct attrition war.

The Tech giants of China are now on solid footing.

I feel at this stage they are poist to to just scale up and move up.

All the stocks are transferred from shaky hands to firm hands ..from short term speculators to far sighted long term investors.

The ultra high volatility of last 3 weeks where each stock can move 2-5% every day like rodeo wild horse will shake off weak hands.

baba like big auntie cuming

Xiaomi only 13

Warning !!!! on others threads just uploaded ah butt claim HS will Lau sai more sooo ah butt selling expired koyoks here  Opasnie-1

ah butt must hv sold them at high prices already lah. or still holding them for long term which do not look gd from my zun zun predictor?

Alibaba is Amazon of asia chinese speaking population...will go Bust or not ah?

Too big too fail or not ah?

I bought alibaba average cost $150 due to war, earnings slowdown and regulatory storm the stock fell to $77.

It can fall to ,$60 due to don't know what can happen in the world next.

Just like when I bought iFast it fell 30% then rally to $10 unfortunately I sold only at $7.

If you study a stock like Microsoft there are about 13 times its stock price got cut by half.

They got sued for monopoly practices, had earnjngs decline, products that did badly and so on.

What investors need to do is buy gold companies at a good price and just hold.

I did not rush into Alibaba knowing all its problems by the time I started to buy it was half price. The half price got halved.

I can say for sure that Alibaba will tale same trajectory as Amazon and Li Ning will take same trajectory as NIKE...but potential is there.

How I handle all the ups and down that comes along is to position size and expect all these slumps.

In a sense I saw trouble may come so I stop my purchases and have not restarted...them.

The regulatory environment us a blackbox ...what spook me is what happened to Didi....the authorities did nit give a lifeline or way out.

Once I see Didi can survive and the authorities are not out to ruin and take control. I would be more confident to buy.

The risks are very real a few companies like Foushan the found we jailed and company taken.
That is what I don't go all in and invest only a part I an afford if something goes wrong.

(15-03-2022, 10:50 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I bought alibaba average cost $150 due to war, earnings slowdown and regulatory storm the stock fell to $77.

It can fall to ,$60 due to don't know what can happen in the world next.

Just like when I bought iFast it fell 30% then rally to $10 unfortunately I sold only at $7.

If you study a stock like Microsoft there are about  13 times its stock price got cut by half.

They got sued for monopoly practices, had earnjngs decline, products that did badly and so on.

What investors need to do is buy gold companies at a good price and just hold.

I did not rush into Alibaba knowing all its problems by the time I started to buy it was half price. The half price got halved.

I can say for sure that  Alibaba will tale same trajectory as Amazon and Li Ning will take same trajectory as NIKE...but potential is there.

How I handle all the ups and down that comes along is to position size and expect all these slumps.

In a sense I saw trouble may come so I stop my purchases and have not restarted...them.

The regulatory environment us a blackbox ...what spook me is what happened to Didi....the authorities did nit give a lifeline or way out.

Once I see Didi can survive and the authorities are not out to ruin and take control. I would be more confident to buy.

The risks are very real a few companies like Foushan the found we jailed and company taken.
That is what I don't go all in and invest only a part I  an afford if something goes wrong.

Brilliant advice by someone who walks the talk.

Never trust someone who just talks without action

I go with this advice always....

What does one do when stocks you buy drop.
Gamblers and speculators cut loss.
An investor never sells just because price drop

Peter Lynch is one of the best find managers setting record of 13x for his fund in 10yrs. It is no flux because at any one time he holds hundreds of stocks so performance is not due yo one lucky stock.

YET MOST people who invested in his fund lost because each time it fell many sold and got out.

Many money from stocks is no secret one can buy a index fund regularly and let time take care of it. Don't try to guess market will be up or down

(15-03-2022, 11:05 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I go with this advice always....

What does one do when stocks you buy drop.
Gamblers and speculators cut loss.
An investor never sells just because price drop

Peter Lynch is one of the best find managers setting record of 13x for his fund in 10yrs. It is no flux because at any one time he holds hundreds of stocks so performance is not due yo one lucky stock.

YET MOST people who invested in his fund lost because each time it fell many sold and got out.

Many money from stocks is no secret one  can buy a index fund regularly and let time take care of it. Don't try to guess market will be up or down

Excellent insight !
 You are an investor like Temasek fund manager who look for long term gain.

Do not believe someone who always talks with hingsight when things already happened.
Anyone can talk about hindsight.

Generally Buy and hold is the best strategy for most investors.

https://www.businessinsider.com/forgetfu...est-2014-9

Dont have to worry about short to mid term fluctuations as long as the company is generating strong free cashflow every year, has ample cash Reserves and executing the business long term goals according to plan.

All biz and investments shd hv an exit plan. set a target to cut loss and move on. else if it drops to half again very difficult to recover

(15-03-2022, 06:40 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  All biz and investments shd hv an exit plan. set a target to cut loss and move on. else if it drops to half again very difficult to recover

The full purchase value of all the sticks are covered already after I sold iFast.

I need to have some very good one to over poor performing...never in my imagination j imagine these investments to have so many regulatory risks from China and  US govt.