My 10 HK stock portforlio created 13 Jul- 2020 big losses and big gains.

(14-09-2021, 06:45 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  TS go and revive your Endowus trades thread too Big Grin

Sorry I don't even look at my Endowus account much as everything is automatic.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

How u think recent ChinaEvergrande 300Bil debt and verge of collapse affect Tech? Their loan could be jeapordise?

Beigene hits new highs.
Most of the gain overindulgence last 3 days. Just before that it plunged sharply.

One thing I learn about the HK market is the volatility of the tech and biotech stocks. Technical strategies like trend following or cutting loss are counter productive. ...you will get thrown off like rodeo rider and make nothing.

The best was is to buy a basket of promising companies and add to those who execute well.....don't be worried about "movement" too much.

[Image: xeDbo3o.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(17-09-2021, 01:39 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Beigene hits new highs.
Most of the gain overindulgence last 3 days. Just before that it plunged sharply.

One thing I learn about the HK market is the volatility of the tech and biotech stocks. Technical strategies like trend following or cutting loss are counter productive. ...you will get thrown off like rodeo rider and make nothing.

The best was is to buy a basket of promising companies and add to those who execute well.....don't be worried about "movement" too much.

[Image: xeDbo3o.jpg]

Must have huge capital like u to do that dude. So many baskets of stocks

I prefer to look at the s&p 500 Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

My purchase of Lenovo last Monday.

[Image: SyW7eaE.jpg]

(18-10-2021, 04:07 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  My purchase of Lenovo last Monday.

[Image: SyW7eaE.jpg]

Wish u good luck with Lenovo. Quite a number of yr HK stock sibei jialat especially Xiaomi. Been suppressed even though Co keep buying back.

(19-10-2021, 12:59 AM)Zannn Wrote:  Wish u good luck with Lenovo. Quite a number of yr HK stock sibei jialat especially Xiaomi. Been suppressed even though Co keep buying back.

Over time the divergence between winners and losers on the portfolio will increase. But the winners will compensate losers.

Despite the volatility on the China/HK Market portforlio has never gone negative.

(19-10-2021, 03:20 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Over time the divergence between winners and losers on the portfolio will increase. But the winners will compensate losers.

Despite the volatility on the China/HK Market portforlio has never gone negative.

Wah nice. See u r holding alot of XM and betting for it’s eco system to bear fruits. Mind u it will take very very long time…

(19-10-2021, 08:13 AM)Zannn Wrote:  Wah nice. See u r holding alot of XM and willing to wait for it’s eco system to bear fruits. Mind u it will take very very long time…

Xiaomi overtook Apple and Samsung in Europe.

On the basis of brand equity alone the value is very high. They can use it to sell "everything" ...I am not worried about stock price falling ...the main risk management I use is to diversify these stocks. In time and portfolio expansion

The volatility of China Tech stocks is very high. The ratio of yr high to yr low is more than 2. So a 30% drop is just noise....you use "cut loss" or mechanical stops its going to be a very bad idea.

The only time I sold was when BYD plunged to $170 because my exposure to that one stock was too large. It turned out on hindsight I should not have sold because the stock climbed to 270+ from where I sold.

The main mistake I made was having too big an exposure....outside what I planned  this compelled me to make a bad sell decision.

A few yrs from now a few of these stocks will be 500-1000% higher. But you cannot tell for sure which

U buy Ping An Insurance already?

(19-10-2021, 09:31 AM)dynamite Wrote:  U buy Ping An Insurance already?

No yet...I am evaluating Ping An vs Postal savings  Bank.

(19-10-2021, 12:39 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  No yet...I am evaluating Ping An vs Postal savings  Bank.
Buy now. Dun wait.

I already bought the last time I told you.

(19-10-2021, 08:13 AM)Zannn Wrote:  Wah nice. See u r holding alot of XM and betting for it’s eco system to bear fruits. Mind u it will take very very long time…

Dude XM cannot liao. U shd consider average again or cut some loss. Falling below $20 very soon

BABA went up 180 and down to 162 ... wild swings

but this is a good giant to hold , bough it 150

(04-08-2021, 12:58 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Purchases on 30 Jul

[Image: gznOmit.jpg]

Was a tough ride but above purchases on 30 Jul 2021 now in positive territory.

[Image: 02MGvvB.jpg]

(04-11-2021, 12:50 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Was a tough ride but above purchases on 30 Jul 2021 now in positive territory.

[Image: 02MGvvB.jpg]

XM is the one u shd be concerned about. u shd consider average if fall below $20. Yr cost too high.

(04-11-2021, 03:57 PM)Zannn Wrote:  XM is the one u shd be concerned about. u shd consider average if fall below $20. Yr cost too high.

No I will not do that.

(04-11-2021, 05:32 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  No I will not do that.

Why not average down when u still have hope for the stock? Unless no confident, then why hold it instead of cutting?

(04-11-2021, 08:59 PM)Zannn Wrote:  Why not average down when u still have hope for the stock? Unless no confident, then why hold it instead of cutting?

Actually I do not know and already have a decent position.
If small position maybe can buy more.

I have not changed my mind on the stock...last report was it surpassed apple and Samsung to be number 1 in Europe

Seems like rollercoaster ride all this time....latest update.

[Image: F4zyP5A.jpg]

Big names Xiaomi and Alibaba crushed after quarterly results to year to date lows.

Volatility of China Tech stocks once again prove tough to stomach.

[Image: uIEyMTN.jpg]

2 stocks Netease surge up to $178 and Baidu plunged to $146.

Overall I do not read too much into sharp short term moves especially after quarterly results.

Baidu remains good as the main search engine in China even if they did poorly in one quarter the basic model does not change one bit.

Razer surge 8% today and more than 10% from price I bought last week.

My assessment is delisting deal is probable...I believe they will announce it soon.

[Image: k4UIPO2.jpg]

(24-11-2021, 03:19 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Big names Xiaomi and Alibaba crushed after quarterly results to year to date lows.

Volatility of China Tech stocks once again prove tough to stomach.

[Image: uIEyMTN.jpg]

XM have to wait very very long still have room to fall. I feel for u bro, this one shd be yr portfolio biggest loss.

(24-11-2021, 09:32 PM)Zannn Wrote:  XM have to wait very very long still have room to fall. I feel for u bro, this one shd be yr portfolio biggest loss.

If you are holding XM now what would you do today?

(25-11-2021, 03:39 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If you are holding XM now what would you do today?

Told u before bro, it’s time to average if u still believe in the co

(24-11-2021, 03:28 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Razer surge 8% today and more than 10% from price I bought last week.

My assessment is delisting deal is probable...I believe they will announce it soon.

[Image: k4UIPO2.jpg]

Razor last min drop 20%, must have news of the delisting not materialize?

(26-11-2021, 08:49 PM)Zannn Wrote:  Razor last min drop 20%, must have news of the delisting not materialize?

I made a risky move
Stock was up 10% within days after I bought plunged by 18% in 5 min...leading to an 8% loss.

Based on trading pattern....I think it is likely speculators loaded up last few days and start to chicken out as market plunged...rushing to get out in last half hour of the horrendous market today.

There is no news.

Positive news is still more likely than negative news as major shareholders stand to gain a few billion by pulling a listing shift off.

As this is high risk, I am.prepared for losses if it goes the other way but I don't think today's selloff is due to any real development...

The HK market will always be a rodeo....to win you need to stay on the horse but bet on many horses.

You are on a bull...you need to stay on to win..you need to prepare to cling on during turbulence.

Also don't jump onto the bull when it is raging. You need to be on it before it start moving wild...prepared before the bull is released.so you can stay on.longer with a good footing...

Below is the HSI index.
All.the lines I draw them 7 yrs ago when I used to trade the HSI....I have not changed then.

Take a very close look. The HSI is very volatile in the short term of months and days but has a steady up trend over the long term.

Investors can use the wild swings to buy at good prices ...

[Image: dPo7WtC.jpg]