Tourism minister should be fired for naming bak kut teh as a Malaysia heritage dish

(01-03-2024, 02:20 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Bak kut teh is believed to have originated from China’s Fujian province. 

Your NLB quote is lifted from multiple source....so the key word is "is believed", not confirmed.  Big Grin

https://www.nlb.gov.sg/main/article-deta...4d3cea47ab

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

(01-03-2024, 02:43 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Your NLB quote is lifted from multiple source....so the key word is "is believed", not confirmed.  Big Grin

https://www.nlb.gov.sg/main/article-deta...4d3cea47ab

Actually nobody cares about the food originality except the Chinese Malaysian 🤣

Commonsense tell us the labourers were from China, so they brought whatever they liked and learnt from China..😊

(01-03-2024, 11:57 AM)*天哥* Wrote:  The Muslim Malays in Malaysia are already very generous to accept your Chinese as part of their population, dun keep having the disillusion that u are the origins. You are NOT...full stop.

Errr...your argument lacks clarity - Since when was there "Muslim Malays" in "Malaysia" when the Chinese came centuries ago ?

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

Long before your time, BKT was enjoyed by all races in Malaisai and by all religions. Only when the fanatical Arabs came in and spread their religion, then you know what happened lah.

Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes Gstalk's post

(01-03-2024, 11:49 AM)*天哥* Wrote:  UMNO is right what, Malaysia is a Muslim country. One should b careful naming the food as heritage.

Is Malaysia a Muslim state? Really I thought it was a secular state with a majority Muslim population

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(01-03-2024, 01:33 PM)*天哥* Wrote:  Exactly, it is very disrespectful.

UMNO's Muhamad Akmal Saleh is not only disrespectful, he is a racist one-trick pony

[Image: Koala.jpg]

(01-03-2024, 05:49 PM)Gstalk Wrote:  Long before your time, BKT was enjoyed by all races in Malaisai and by all religions. Only when the fanatical Arabs came in and spread their religion, then you know what happened lah.

Saudi Singaporia next

[Image: IMG-0395.jpg]

Msian kan si lang boliao. Instead of finding ways to make their ringgit strong or get more monies like say sell land, they go and focus on food? No wonder their economy lousy

Well I guess we have no worries from our northern neighbours trying to do a "Taylor Swift" like us.

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(01-03-2024, 11:53 AM)*天哥* Wrote:  I think the Chinese in Malaysia should be absolutely respectful of other's Muslim belief. Remember you are not the origins in the country.

I think it is the Pork, that the Malaysian Malay is offended as Heritage food.
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

Instead fighting for more spots in govt and U
there some .My Chinese thing doing insensitive things.
Like the joker Namewee.

Harmony is build based on respect not unilateral satisfaction

(01-03-2024, 09:30 PM)moonrab Wrote:  I think it is the Pork, that the Malaysian Malay is offended as Heritage food.

Bak in bak kut teh is not pork. It is meat.

So it can be chicken meat or beef meat.

Understand?

You not hokkien ah

Rotfl

8Umbrella Umbrella

(01-03-2024, 09:30 PM)moonrab Wrote:  I think it is the Pork, that the Malaysian Malay is offended as Heritage food.

Yes , u r right. The Chinese very disrespecting.

(01-03-2024, 09:57 PM)klat Wrote:  Bak in bak kut teh is not pork. It is meat.

Understand?

You not hokkien ah

Rotfl

I m Hokkien. The meat is refer to pork. Otherwise u call TER KUT TEH isit ?

(01-03-2024, 01:36 PM)CHAOS Wrote:  Or force all Chinese there convert to Islam 🤣

For your information, Islam came to China long before it came to Malaysia. Stop making a fool of yourself to think that Islam is a Malay religion. It's not.  Rolleyes

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(01-03-2024, 10:29 PM)Oyk Wrote:  For your information, Islam came to China long before it came to Malaysia. Stop making a fool of yourself to think that Islam is a Malay religion. It's not.  Rolleyes

As defined by the Constitution of Malaysia, Malays must be Muslim, regardless of their ethnic heritage; otherwise, legally, they are not Malay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_M...ot%20Malay.

(01-03-2024, 10:01 PM)*天哥* Wrote:  Yes , u r right. The Chinese very disrespecting.

Thats mean one Malaysia is only bullshit! there is only one Malay Malaysia 🤣

(01-03-2024, 11:27 PM)CHAOS Wrote:  As defined by the Constitution of Malaysia, Malays must be Muslim, regardless of their ethnic heritage; otherwise, legally, they are not Malay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_M...ot%20Malay.

I am not interested in whether Malays must be Muslims or not.

I am telling you that Islam is not a Malay religion. Muhammad... yes lots of peepur call themselves that including Cassius Clay, but he's not a Malay. Is that too hard for you to understand?

(01-03-2024, 11:34 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I am not interested in whether Malays must be Muslims or not.

I am telling you that Islam is not a Malay religion. Muhammad... yes lots of peepur call themselves that including Cassius Clay, but he's not a Malay. Is that too hard for you to understand?

Tomorrow morning you go to Malaysia and tell every Malay, Islam is not a Malay religion 🤣🤣🤣

(01-03-2024, 10:02 PM)*天哥* Wrote:  I m Hokkien. The meat is refer to pork. Otherwise u call TER KUT TEH isit ?

For a strange reason which I am trying to know, pork is called 肉 rather than 猪肉 which would be that much more clearer.

肉骨茶 is always made with pork and actually pork with the bone attached... You can of course make it with chicken, beef, or even fish head which Ah Tiong was trying to argue, just to obfuscate.

肉骨茶 can never qualify to be a Malaysian food. It is a Chinese food. Malaysian food has to be Malaysian not Chinese.....or Indian for that matter.

[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(01-03-2024, 11:37 PM)CHAOS Wrote:  Tomorrow morning you go to Malaysia and tell every Malay, Islam is not a Malay religion 🤣🤣🤣

I don't have to go to Malaysia to say that. I can tell a Malay Singaporean right here and he will agree with me.  Rolleyes

(01-03-2024, 09:57 PM)klat Wrote:  Bak in bak kut teh is not pork. It is meat.

Understand?

You not hokkien ah

Rotfl

Har,  I nvm comes across chicken or beef kut teh in Malaysia..🤭
I think Malay will only think of Pork when mentioned Bsk Kut Teh
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(01-03-2024, 01:36 PM)*天哥* Wrote:  My wife is Indonesian, I can tell u, we know there is a big difference between Malays and Indonesian. Malays are not racist against Chinese, but I cannot say for certain the Indonesian after staying in both countries long enough.

Indonesian is a nationality. You are comparing a race, Malay, with a nationality, Indonesian.

(01-03-2024, 11:53 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Har,  I nvm comes across chicken or beef kut teh in Malaysia..🤭
I think Malay will only think of Pork when mentioned Bsk Kut Teh

The minister is just playing with words. He damn well know that the recipe for bak kut teh uses pork.

And bkt originated from Fujian. It is a Chinese heritage food and Malaysia has no right to call it a Malaysian food much less a heritage one.

It's like mala. There are mala stalls all over Singapore but it is a Chinese food, not a Singaporean food. We have no right to claim that it is our heritage food.

(01-03-2024, 11:18 AM)Levin Wrote:  https://sg.yahoo.com/news/tourism-minist...47786.html

Malays don't eat pork lah! Big Grin

(02-03-2024, 12:02 AM)Oyk Wrote:  The minister is just playing with words. He damn well know that the recipe for bak kut teh uses pork.

And bkt originated from Fujian. It is a Chinese heritage food and Malaysia has no right to call it a Malaysian food much less a heritage one.

It's like mala. There are mala stalls all over Singapore but it is a Chinese food, not a Singaporean food. We have no right to claim that it is our heritage food.

Got halal pork meh? Thinking

Bak Kut Teh already confirmed before, it was originated from Sinkieland since early 1900s
没读书,真可怕! Rotfl

Herbal flavour is Hokkien/TeoChew Style.
White pepper flavour is TeoChew style.

MediaCorpse got made a documentary show before. You can search the video from YouTube. It shd be from CNA insider

They also claimed Chendol was from Bolehland but it was confirmed, originated from Indo. Indo wedding has a tradition to eat chendol(cendol in Indo)

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

Start to Watch at 2/3 of the clip.

https://youtu.be/Dc1RPhzA248?si=u6GgC9s9K-xJhKNj

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

https://youtu.be/2KAqM985yzw?si=PPQEqO_faufa-J7W

Imho, any heritage items need not be halal or used by all!

As long as they are heritage, they are heritage!

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!
[+] 1 user Likes Fit's post